Sign in to follow this  

Need to sell my DRZ and need your advise

Hi everyone. Boo urns I know. 👍 My lady and I were crunching the numbers for are new mortgage and I need to free up some monthly cash for this big house we want(with a garage). Can you help me out on what to ask for my bike? I am not expecting them moon and I know I will never get what I put into it. But a rough idea of where to start would be great. The bike is a 2007 DRZ 400 SM with 1015kms. My list of mods are in my garage. Here are some pics. It will come with my second set of plastic with the AMR Racing Bone Collector graphics aswell. PM me if you have any "further" inquires on my bike. Thanks for the help.

This is what my bike looks like now and I keep it mint.

P8230012.jpg

P8230010.jpg

And this is the second skins minus fork gaurds and headlight shrouds because they were re-used.

P6270001.jpg

P6270011.jpg

Thanks everyone.

I would almost pay purchase price new for that bike maybe a few hundred less..

i'm afraid mods do not increase the value of the bike. I would think you could sell it for roughly $5000

Honestly it all depends on what method you are going to use to sell it. Local, online, ebay.....etc. I know here in southern california you could get full price for that bike. They are hard to find used here and everyone wants one.....and I know I didnt help any, sorry.

Personally, i'd remove the FCR-MX and Yoshimura Ti pipe, replace w/ the Mikuni & stock pipe, and sell the aftermarket equipment seperately. I think you'll do better money-wise, as aftermarket parts are worth pennies on the dollar on the bike.

I'd have to respectfully disagree as a Canadian in Ontario. Not sure how the market is in Alberta, but here everybody wants these bikes, and with such low km's and those mods as a bonus, I'd say start at around +/- $6500. When I was looking for my bike around here this summer I saw bikes selling in this range that didn't even come close to the condition/year of yours. I guess it also depends on how fast you need to sell it. I'd go for more first, and if you can't get it gone, try doing what stringburner suggested. Best of luck, too bad you have to sell it!

Personally, i'd remove the FCR-MX and Yoshimura Ti pipe, replace w/ the Mikuni & stock pipe, and sell the aftermarket equipment seperately. I think you'll do better money-wise, as aftermarket parts are worth pennies on the dollar on the bike.

Ditto. I'd be all over that Pipe in a heart beat!

it is cheeper in the long run to pay off the bike and lower the insurance

my 05 SM is paid off and insurance is under $16 a month

i pay 6 bucks a month for full coverage.

I sold a one year old S model (3x3 DJ kit, IMS tank, no other mods) for 5000$, I'm sure you'll get more for yours ... put up flyers at bike stores, that's what seemed to work best for me.

Good luck man.

I have a complete rebuild 2006 470 (300 miles) that is very clean and I have a lot of hits with a listing price of $4,800. it's an S model with a lot of offroad time. If I had $5,500 to spend on an SM I would buy ur's over a new one, that's a beautiful bike and I wouldn't let it go for anything under $4,500. The DRZ is such a great bike there is no worries with buying a used one, the only worries are how the owner treated it and we can all see you treated it well. 👍

Thanks for the help. I sold my old carb to a fellow TTer in need and i would never put that stock pipe back on. The bike runs night and day differently with the FCR and Yosh. I am going to my dealership today and see about putting it on consignment. O this sucks!

I sold my old carb to a fellow TTer in need and i would never put that stock pipe back on.

I thought you were concerned with money? Don't let your emotion get in the way of common sense. I'm sure you could find a BSR around here for cheap.

if ur looking for a carb I have a stock one with jetting for a pipe. No jetting for the 3x3 tho. complete carb clean and ready, 20 bucks it's urs. I think having that pipe on and that carb will help sell it to someone that knows about the drz, to any non informed person they might not see it as important as we here do. If I ever got another DRZ the first two things would be an FCR and a pipe before I even started it. I would much rather buy a barley used bike that has the two already.

On second thought...

In this age it's very important that your happy with your life. If you really love your bike, do yourself a favor and keep it. What is a 100 bucks a month? I think it's well worth having something that you love dear! Every time you see a bike riding down the road your going to go nuts. There will always be that thought in the back of your head. If you love your bike trust me it's not worth selling, both you and your loved one will be unhappy with the loss of something that means that much to you. Unless you have a second bike of course. I went 4 years without a bike and I wasn't content with any single one of those days. Before you give up on the bike see if there is any other route to keep it. BTW don't mess with that Suzuki card. They will take you to the cleaners if you default. 👍

Jeez, I'm paying about $35 per month and I though that was cheap! What kind of limits and deductibles do you guys have?

no deductible. its actualy 6 bucks and some change. its 80 bucks a year using the lizard. statefarm wanted 500+ a year and ive had my coverage with them for over 20 years.

Man, in MI we have to pay into a catastrophic claims fund for every vehicle we own... its 130 a year added onto our normal insurance premium...