Sign in to follow this  

When would new 09's show up in US showrooms?

Assuming Yamaha releases details on the remaining 2009 models at their dealer meeting in September... when would dealers start seeing their first 09's?

Just wondering when I can start calling the 2008's "left overs" in an attempt to get my dealer to come down on price.

Probably won't help much, since I'm shopping for the R and they seem to be selling them easy enough at MSRP+, but it's worth a shot.

I too have my fingers crossed hoping for a 450R. Not because I want one atm, but because then the used market on 250R's would take off when all you guys started trading up... not that I'd buy a bike from half of you guys after seeing what you do to the poor things! 👍

The XT250's are one of the (few) 2009 models that have already been on their website for months.

Unfortunately the WRR/X and at least 6 other current models are only listed in their '08 configuration on the website.

My understanding was that Yamaha was holding a dealer meeting in Sept where they would release details on the rest of the 2009 models and that dealers would be able to place orders for their initial allocation of those bikes at that time.

I'd be interested to see if anyone else has heard of 2009 WRR/X's being around now as Yamalink mentioned above.

I'd be interested to see if anyone else has heard of 2009 WRR/X's being around now as Yamalink mentioned above.

my both local dealers are totally out of all dual sport bikes for the time being. so i started calling around to others in the central PA area for an 08 wr250r. finally found one about an hour and a half away. picking it up on saturday. but anyway when id call and they would tell me they had no more id ask about the 09s and everyone was clueless. they either just told me straight up they had no idea or they would give me a rough estimate. usually was they would probably start placing orders mid-late september.

I was a bit surprised. Both dealer conversations went like this.

"Hi, we'd like some YamaLinks for our 09 WR250X and R."

"You mean the 08 X and R?"

"No, our 09 X and R."

"Oh, I did not know they were out just yet."

"Yep."

"Okay."

Obviously not the most awe-inspiring conversation.

finally found one about an hour and a half away.

Grrr... you better be heading an hour and a half WEST Hertz or else that means your getting too close to my dealer list 👍 (I'm in West Chester).

I was at one of the Philly area dealers today checking out some Sidi boots, the sales guys there confirmed that the owner of that dealership would be flying out to the Yamaha meeting on Sept 8th and that they would get the details on the remaining '09 models then.

They had an X in stock, but no R's and said they're not getting anymore R's (for the showroom at least... I'm sure if I dropped 6-grand on the desk they would round one up for me).

Either way, waiting isn't a big issue for me since I'll probably be in a better financial position to buy in another 2 months anyway. Would like to get some ride time in before the weather gets too crappy though.

Grrr... you better be heading an hour and a half WEST Hertz or else that means your getting too close to my dealer list 👍 (I'm in West Chester).

Yamaha of Camp Hill is where im getting it. im from the state college area.

I found enough X's when i was on the hunt. seemed like everyone had one just no R's.

Yamaha of Camp Hill is where im getting it. im from the state college area.

I found enough X's when i was on the hunt. seemed like everyone had one just no R's.

I think that is partly because of the offroad styling of both bikes. The X is mainly a road bike. I think they should make some styling changes to the plastic to differentiate it from dirt bikes.

You can get a WRR at Tejas Motorsports In Highlands, TX for $6000 out the door. They had 2 left after I bought mine 3 weeks ago.