suspension 08 WR450

My fatass weighs 250, 270 with all my gear, and I am 6'6". At the very least I need to upgrade my springs. I called FC and they reccommend a .50 for the forks, and a 6.7 for the rear. The increase for the forks seems correct to me, but I questioned the guy about the 6.7 in the rear. He told me because of my height I will tend to ride with more weight over the rear of the bike. Any other tall guys out there run across the same scenario? Does this seem reasonable? I wanted to check before I spend the money. I looked into Race Tech, but it looks like the biggest spring they carry for the front is a .48.

Factory Connection is correct! You husky fellas will need that spring rate:p I figured out that the Race Tech spring rate was wrong! They had me set up for a 5.6 spring rate. I think F.C. has me set up with a 6.7 spring rate and, I weigh 180. Factory Connection is the way to go with a WR suspension. I just rode yesterday and, I love my suspension! It just sucks up the whoops. I have the YZ forks on my WR and, full F.C. re valve. It is by far the best up grade that I have done for this bike.

Factory Connection is correct! You husky fellas will need that spring rate:p I figured out that the Race Tech spring rate was wrong! They had me set up for a 5.6 spring rate. I think F.C. has me set up with a 6.7 spring rate and, I weigh 180. Factory Connection is the way to go with a WR suspension. I just rode yesterday and, I love my suspension! It just sucks up the whoops. I have the YZ forks on my WR and, full F.C. re valve. It is by far the best up grade that I have done for this bike.

There is NO WAY you are going to need a 6.7 kg/mm rear spring at 180 lbs. Some thing doesn't compute!

Did you mean 5.7?

• 2 weeks later...