Weapon MX vs. White Bros.

I need a pipe.

I run trails mostly, am planning some Supermoto and occasionally run an MX track though just for fun, not competition.

I can get a White Brothers slip-on (the quiet one) for about the same price as I can get a Weapon MX full system.

The WB slip-on has the removable insert for sound and the W/MX exhaust I would have to pick my poison when I bought as it is not changeable once you purchase it.

Oh yeah, I have a 2006 Yamaha YZ450F. I know the headpipe on this year bike is on the small side of things so maybe the W/MX pipe is the way to go. However, the ability to quiet the bike down is a plus....

Now you see why I'm confused.....

Thanks for your opinions.

Dave

call up dave at MRD-racing.. hes a local here as well.. he makes some killer pipes and he has a warrenty next to none.. a full exhaust system will run u about 400 bucks.. a sparky is 15 more..

he will also work with u to tune where u want the power to be.. low to mid.. mid to top.. whatever u want...

but its between thos.. id run the white-bros.. ive heard some horror stories about w/mx..

there is a thread on here that i saw yesterday and it seems to me that alot of people are having alot of trouble receiving orders through the mx weapon website. Some people have been waiting 6 weeks so im not sure i would go that route.

Thanks everyone.

My dealershiop already has the White Bros. in stock and it's for the 2006. I think I'm the only one in Southern AZ that still has the stock silencer on my bike.

It sounds like the WB is going to be the way I go. It is the E2 I believe and I really like the fact that I have sound options. I know that the Supermoto track is mandating quiet pipes but some MX track are not.

I'll still value some more opinions if anyone has any though. Keep them coming.

Thanks again,

Dave