Sign in to follow this  

Corner Speed

i'm on a kx 65 and trying to jump some jumps. i'm good at everything except my corner speed. what do you recommend?

Correctly set up suspension, that is what will enable you to dive deeper, and cut harded. Best of with a revalve and respring if needed.

Correctly set up suspension, that is what will enable you to dive deeper, and cut harded. Best of with a revalve and respring if needed.

ok, thanks

How much do you weigh? A revalve can make things MUCH worse if you dont know what you want when you send it off. how tall are you? Are you on the right size bike? Have you tried stiffining your forks, having your sag set up correctly? Are you in the proper body position; standing up till the apex then getting your balls on the gas tank and leaning the bike over? Bar height will make a huge difference as well. All sorts of factors play into this, need more info on you though

wieght the outside peg. put your foot up by the front wheel to wieght the front. look ahead.... and HAMMER DOWN:ride:

How much do you weigh? A revalve can make things MUCH worse if you dont know what you want when you send it off. how tall are you? Are you on the right size bike? Have you tried stiffining your forks, having your sag set up correctly? Are you in the proper body position; standing up till the apex then getting your balls on the gas tank and leaning the bike over? Bar height will make a huge difference as well. All sorts of factors play into this, need more info on you though

I weigh 86 lbs. I'm 4'8'', no i'm getting a yz 85, no i haven't trying stiffening my forks, yes sag is correct, yes i get my balls on the gas tank, and yes i'm leaning the bike over.

Head out over the bars. Push down with your outside foot, and push inward with your outside knee. Also, unless it is a banked corner, put the crack of your a$$ on the outer edge of the seat. Do all of these well and you will be well on your way to cornering and looking like you know what you're doing.

I weigh 86 lbs. I'm 4'8'', no i'm getting a yz 85, no i haven't trying stiffening my forks, yes sag is correct, yes i get my balls on the gas tank, and yes i'm leaning the bike over.

Maybe you are not leaning it over far enough, my son thought he was leaning too till we took some video and I beat him with a whip, he sure leans that sucker over now. By the way, I am not a girl, my GF is jenny, I am a B rider so I am not giving you bad advice. Pick corners and work on them over and over till you can get through them fast. I will just work sections of a track till I have the corners dialed in, then move on, instead of just burning lap after lap, it helps