Sign in to follow this  

Whats up with my KTM?

Just took my 250XCF-W out for a rip but had to cut it short. After it was well warmed up, every time I pull the clutch in and the revs go down to idle the little guy stalls but seems to be ok in neutral. ***? When I go to start it again using the e-start, I have to pump the gas and rev it a bunch of times to get it going. This is generally what I have to do to start it in gear ( with the clutch in) but I never have had to do it when starting in neutral. I made it home since it was all road riding and I was able to stay on the gas and kep the revs up. I turned the idle up a bit but it didn't seem to help. Anyone have any ideas? I would certaily appreciate the help. I checked my air filter. It was dirty but didn't seem that bad. My bike ran fine a few days ago.

I wonder if it is some clutch issue. I checked the oil level and it looks OK, KTM only asks for 1100ml I think anyways. Usually I have a hard time pushing the bike around in gear and the clutch in, but now it seems to move around no problem. Maybe its just becasue its hot? The clutch still engages / disengages at the same points, and the bike runs fine at speed but won't idle at all now when it would idle for ever a day or two ago.

Thanks alot,

Kris

Clogged pilot jet? not sure about the strange clutch stuff. But if you said it was fine a few days ago probably not a gas clogging issue, if it has sat for more than a week maybe.

Yappers, sounds like a clogged pilot jet or an improperly adjusted(bleed) clutch.

Enough dragging of the clutch could make it stall.

Drain all gas also and go get a fresh can of High octane.

Yappers, sounds like a clogged pilot jet or an improperly adjusted(bleed) clutch.

Enough dragging of the clutch could make it stall.

Drain all gas also and go get a fresh can of High octane.

I agree the pilot jet passage is so small you have to take a bread tie to clean it out.So it doesent take much to clog it up