Sign in to follow this  

Man Did I Ever F@#$k Up !!!!

👍:worthy::busted::blah::D:doh:😛🤣 🤣🤣

well a couple months back i put a steahly flywheel weight on my son's crf150r .. i and i guess i don't follow instructions good enough .. i got it back on made sure the two bolts where super tight plus red loc tited !! but i never went the next step to take a punch and ping the threads so it wouldn't move .. ever !! well the other day out riding the bike just dies !!! no spark !! crap !!! so got a new plug.. still no spark ... well i took the left crank case cover off to find the stator to be smash to rat shit !! and one the weight bolts had fallen out !!! :banghead:🤣 .. well so now i have a pooch stator and two bolts that are hooped ..i guess i will call stahly for a couple new bolts and everything else looks ok .....

so my question is where is the best online source for a oem stator ... thanks for any info

Gary

Damn...I hate the fine print.

Service Honda has the lowest prices consistently.

31120-KSE-671 $ 121.43

The TT OEM store will price match so you will keep you money here and support the site.

Good luck.

thanks for the info ... yeah that seems like a good price... i will go to the TT store right now

Anyone considering a flywheel weight - PLEASE READ

I too suffered the fate of a shredded stator, a $130 loss, because of flywheel weight screws that came loose after 6 hours. I never had electrical issues, but the steahly flywheel weight bolt became lodged between the stator and the flywheel and mimicked a seized engine or clutch gear. Man, I had serious nightmares about an engine rebuild.

I'm completely sold on the benefits of a weight for trailriding and will be installing another weight. The Steahly installation instructions are decent, but like swansong04 I ran into problems. So I called Steahly and talked to their techs about a more robust installation process and here's is what I've learned and want to share in this forum.

1. Clean the bolt threads before applying loctite

2. Apply locktite and torque down the mounting bolts

3. Turn flywheel assy over and "flare" the backside of the bolts with a HARDENED CENTERPUNCH in 2 spots per bolt. When centerpunching elevate the flywheel from the workbench, but provide back support to the stud with a metal disk/plate. The mounting studs are very hard and HEAVY hammer blows are needed for the flaring operation. Flaring the studs with the flywheel weight directly on the bench could cause damage and imbalance to the flywheel. Make sure you support the head of the stud. The flaring of the hardened mounting bolts is the key to preventing the studs from backing out !!!

4. Wait 24 hours for loctite to set

5. Reinstall flywheel and weight back into bike.

Like swansong04 I was afraid to really flare out the studs and lock them to the flywheel weight because I thought I would damage the flywheel. As it turns out the flaring of the hardened studs is the key to the entire process.

As a side note Steahly is a awesome American company that is designing and manufacturing product that they stand behind 100%. They helped out swansong04 with new bolts and they are also working with me too. Thanks Steahly for your product and general support of the MX industry.