Sign in to follow this  

2007 CRF250R Fork Problems

My fork seals started leaking on my '07 CRF250R recently so I decided to get some new seals and replace them. Did one fork and everthing went fine, but when I turned to the other fork I ran into a problem. The inner rod will not fully extend after changing the fluid and bleeding. Like I said, the first fork went fine, but the second just doesn't want to cooperate. I've scoured the net and can't seem to find what would cause this. All help would be greatly appretiated, I would really love to be able to ride my bike over the LaborDay weekend.

You have a cartridge seal that's gone bad. There are plenty of threads on this topic on this site. Maybe someone who has more time to link one of those threads can help out.

How far out does it go before stopping? Not at all or "most" of the way?

doc

The first couple tries bleeding it, it would come out most of the way. The last time I bled it it did not come out at all. And when I pulled it out, it would pull itself back in. Basically backwards of how it should work.

The first couple tries bleeding it, it would come out most of the way. The last time I bled it it did not come out at all. And when I pulled it out, it would pull itself back in. Basically backwards of how it should work.

Yup, I think rks1 and frez hit it on the head:thumbsup:

doc

I have the same prob on a CRF450 '03 fork that I putted in my XR650R SM.

Anyone a good place/link with good prices for these cadridge seals? :banana:

Thx, I knew about Race Tech.

Is it better to buy straight from them? I'm in Europe but I can let it deliver in Florida to someone if I want.

For the leaking : do I have to replace only the Cartridge Damping Rod Seal (RaceTech part FSTC CS1217 ) or is it better to do the other seals al so to be sure ....(Reservoir Rod Seal FSTC RS1020 /Reservoir Piston External O-ring HMOR 3526 )

http://www.racetech.com/evalving/english/Srchpr.asp?bikeid=109&manufacture=Honda&model=CRF450R&year=2003&TABLEINFO=dirt&langname=english

I'm in Europe

my bad, i didn't look at the location.

you can get them from me. i do have them in stock and shipping from Germany to Belgium is a no-brainer (handling-wise and cost-wise)

my bad, i didn't look at the location.

you can get them from me. i do have them in stock and shipping from Germany to Belgium is a no-brainer (handling-wise and cost-wise)

Can you send me a PM with the prices please? Thx :banana: