Sign in to follow this  

Done Racing

Im done racing for now untill I get my rod taking out of my FEMUR! The Doc said he won't take it out till next August which wil be a year to almost the date. I dont wanna take the chance of bending the rod and then really shattering my bone and really being fu(k'd!!! So in doing this and not being able to race, Im gonna be helping one of Iowa's next most talented riders. Jeremy Kress he has been handing Kurt McCabe his butt all year. We were at the Walnut Area Qualifier this year and he got a dead last start the first moto and came all the wway back up to 10th. The 2nd moto he got a 5th place start and worked his way up to 3rd and was hauling the mail in the Pro Sport class. Only to fall on the last lap. The kid is not intimidated by anyone, and I mean anyone. He realizes that everybody breathes dresses etc etc. With a little help and surrounding him with good people I think he can go along long way in this sport.....

You may want to get a second opinion on getting the rod out. A year seems like a way long time. My son had one for a femur also and it was in for 6 months and all good. I realize all breaks are different but some doctors are way conservative. Maybe ask Dr. Mark on the injury forum here.

Anyway sounds like you will stay busy in helping Jeremy. I had never heard of him til that race at Walnut and he really caught my eye.

Good Luck

yeah I wouldn't keep it too long either, I waited more than a year for my arm and two surgeries later the ****er never came out. That and I got one in my tibia that I still have in but if I could I would probably take out

You may want to get a second opinion on getting the rod out. A year seems like a way long time. My son had one for a femur also and it was in for 6 months and all good. I realize all breaks are different but some doctors are way conservative. Maybe ask Dr. Mark on the injury forum here.

Anyway sounds like you will stay busy in helping Jeremy. I had never heard of him til that race at Walnut and he really caught my eye.

Good Luck

Dr. Mark said atleast a year also! Thats when I made my final decision. My doctor said I have the biggest Femur bone he has ever seen! Jeremy is one of those kids that was raised right and don't take anything for granted. The kid has never set the sag or adjusted the clickers on his bike yet. He has changed the oil, changed the air filter and put gas in it and rides. He rode my bike this last weekend which has the motor done on it and stage 1 works kit by ENZO! It was a thing of beauty to watch him ride something that is set up. If he would of been on my bike at Walnut i bet he could of ran with Sewell. Im that confident in this kid!!!

Good decision to listen to Dr. Mark , he is usually pretty agressive on timelines so he must see something in your x ray, I guess if your femur is that big it takes long time to get it to 100% healed.

I am sure Jeremy will benefit from your experience and working with him. Will you guys be hitting any races in Illinois next couple months or where does he mainly race.

Good decision to listen to Dr. Mark , he is usually pretty agressive on timelines so he must see something in your x ray, I guess if your femur is that big it takes long time to get it to 100% healed.

I am sure Jeremy will benefit from your experience and working with him. Will you guys be hitting any races in Illinois next couple months or where does he mainly race.

I like the kid alot!!!! The kid listens really well and takes advice from older people. The whole family is awesome, he is the youngest. He is 18 and acts like he is in his mid to later 20's. Very very Mature. We already made a deal that were going where there are fast guys and good paying races and Contigency money. I really can't wait to start working with him on a personal relationship. I wanna get him over to Mendota, A nuke race and definately Walnut b4 the end of the year. I told him will use his bike for a practice bike for now and my bike as his race bike!!! I think we will have a good relationship and have a good racing time.

I like the kid alot!!!! The kid listens really well and takes advice from older people. The whole family is awesome, he is the youngest. He is 18 and acts like he is in his mid to later 20's. Very very Mature. We already made a deal that were going where there are fast guys and good paying races and Contigency money. I really can't wait to start working with him on a personal relationship. I wanna get him over to Mendota, A nuke race and definately Walnut b4 the end of the year. I told him will use his bike for a practice bike for now and my bike as his race bike!!! I think we will have a good relationship and have a good racing time.

the last nuke race is this weekend 👍