Sign in to follow this  

Clarke tank has poor fit. 07 WR 250F

Just recieved Clarke 3.6 tank today in the mail. It seemed to be a quality product until I tried to put it on! My first gripe is with the pet cock mounting pad. The holes provided for the screws that attach the valve are too far appart, probably 3 or 4 mm. I'm not worried about that, considering the fact that once it's on, it's staying there for a while (unless it leaks.) My second problem is that the upper tank mount does not align properly, the bolt is pitched off toward the front of the bike, and does not allow an easy install. This is a problem form me, because of the frequent re-jetting I am doing for variations in conditions.

Does anybody else have a clarke tank, or does anybody have a tank that they recomend versus the clarke? I am currious if other owners have encountered simmilar issues and what they have done to rectify their situation.

Thanks guys.

Have u got pictures of the fit. It will be easier to understand.

if i understand correctly...if your sitting on the bike the bolt hole on the frame is closer to you then the hole in the tank right?

If that's the case it's probably because they made the tank off the 07 and newer frames. The difference is that the wr frames are the same as the 06 yz frame. In 07 yamaha moved the steering head back 3mm on the frame. This bolt hole on the frame was also moved.

It's common with alot of these tanks. There was an old post about it and how people were having probs with their tanks and scotts steering dampner posts.

i had a clarke on a klx250 and the fit was horrible. i just dealt with it. however, according to the many, many people on the kawi forum who also had clarke fitment issues, their customer service was excellent, and their tanks were replaced.

No leaks, fit still sucks. I filled the tank with about a liter of water to see if it would leak (that way I can return it,) and it holds. I was able to work the upper bolt into position, and now I have realized that I have to work the shrouds into position. Everything goes together and it hold fuel. What esle can I ask for...oh, factory quality products that fit, and don't look like crap!

I wouldn't recomend this tank if you are looking for good fit, and a no hassle install. Oh yeah, no fuel line supplied...cheap bastards.

I have a Clarke tank for my 07 YZ and it didn't fit that great either. The petcock mount areas were rounded and I had to file them flat to get the petcocks to keep from leaking. I sent them a nice email explaining my disappointment with the tank and they never responded to even say they were sorry.

I had several other Clarke tanks that actually fit pretty good. I tried an IMS tank on my 03 YZ 2 stroke and it fit so bad I sent it back and bought a Clarke.

Pretty much all aftermarket tanks are crap. They fit as good as you make it.....