Sign in to follow this  

Putting on a pipe??

Is there a pipe I can buy w/o jetting the bike after install?And still sounds good ,I'm not really looking for power just some noise.Thanks

PS its a WR250F 2007

Is there a pipe I can buy w/o jetting the bike after install?And still sounds good ,I'm not really looking for power just some noise.Thanks

PS its a WR250F 2007

your going to have to jet for any pipe that isn't restrictive like a WR's is.

and naturally you will gain a bunch of power. its not hard to re jet a carb

i put a jardine pipe on my wr250f and there is no jetting required

your kidding me right? I put a Jardine on mine and had to rejet from my baffled Evo X muffler.

why don't people like to swap out a little tiny brass thing in there carb. If you run your bike too lean you can damage it, and since the WR comes from the factory lean, you should rejet anyways

but yeah, you DON'T have to do ANYTHING on your bike, but I would presume you change your oil, which is a lot harder and more time consuming than switching out a main jet thats a size bigger

get a Q4 or something around that so that if your not going to jet, its not going to be that big of a difference

Switching a pipe out wouldn't lean it out far enough to damage it unless it was way off to begin with.

Why would you spend money on a pipe if you are not willing to ever adjust your jetting? Proper jetting is the best performance mod you can get, and it is basically free. A properly jetted box stock bike will out perform a bike with extensive mods but incorrect jetting any day of the week. To buy a pipe and never adjust jetting is the biggest waste of money you do.

Why would you spend money on a pipe if you are not willing to ever adjust your jetting? Proper jetting is the best performance mod you can get, and it is basically free. A properly jetted box stock bike will out perform a bike with extensive mods but incorrect jetting any day of the week. To buy a pipe and never adjust jetting is the biggest waste of money you do.

Agreed, but dude said he's only looking for noise...

it would be lean enough to overheat the bike easily, I know that from not re jetting when I first got my big gun.

last I checked, overheated can cause engine damage.

if all you want is sound. buy a akrapovic megaphone and rig it onto your header. everyone will love you for it

Agreed, but dude said he's only looking for noise...

Yes, but a bike with incorrect jetting also sounds like crap. They often sputter, pop, spit, and/or bog. I don't think he'd be happy when he drops $400 for sound and it sounds like crap.

Maybe I should have worded differently. I wasn't trying to suggest there is no need for a rejet when you put a pipe on. He asked if he had to, and the answer to that is no. For best results yes you'll need to but it doesn't sound like he really cares all that much.

Yes, but a bike with incorrect jetting also sounds like crap. They often sputter, pop, spit, and/or bog. I don't think he'd be happy when he drops $400 for sound and it sounds like crap.

and it will make those noises much louder, especially if it has the ais still on it

just modify your stock can. all u need is a 3/16 drill bit a grinder and rivets . drill the rivets out at the front only pull the inside out(u may have to tap it out if u do then u will have to take the bolts out of the back anb the spark arrester.) unrap the packing and grind the 4 spot welds off the rear baffle only. pull it out then reasemble.

I'm just not sure how to jet .Install yes but figuring out what jet to use w/ what pipe ? Do pipes come with a recommended jet to use? Or tell you what to get given where Im located or am I going to have to tune it in? Its not like have a lot of time I would like to spend it riding .....bolt it up and go ,But can I do this w/ a jet.

Also do you think I could buy a pipe come back here and ask if anyone in my area is running same pipe and what jet they used.Or is it all a opinion?thanks

I'm just not sure how to jet .Install yes but figuring out what jet to use w/ what pipe ? Do pipes come with a recommended jet to use? Or tell you what to get given where Im located or am I going to have to tune it in? Its not like have a lot of time I would like to spend it riding .....bolt it up and go ,But can I do this w/ a jet.

Also do you think I could buy a pipe come back here and ask if anyone in my area is running same pipe and what jet they used.Or is it all a opinion?thanks

at the top of this forum is a jetting guide, you can search threw it for the correct temp, altitude, etc...

go with a JD jetting kit, it will give you the correct jetting for your area, its not so hard to do.

took me about an hour to change my needle, main jet, fuel screw on my KTM and it has a restrictive frame. (have to pull the sub-frame up to pop the carb off)

you will be happy with your pipe if you get a Jetting kit. btw, stealth power is better than sounding like a thundering jet going through a tunnel.

You could ask people from around where you live what pipes they run and what their jetting is... that seems like a better use of your time since you can order it all at once. You can also go to your trusty Yamaha dealer and ask their advice.

To change the jet you need a phillips head to take the rubber manifold off, a flat head screw driver to unscrew the old jet and put the new one in. Or, you could buy your new riding buddy who's good with a bikes a few beers and hang out while he does it for you.

You could ask people from around where you live what pipes they run and what their jetting is... that seems like a better use of your time since you can order it all at once. You can also go to your trusty Yamaha dealer and ask their advice.

To change the jet you need a phillips head to take the rubber manifold off, a flat head screw driver to unscrew the old jet and put the new one in. Or, you could buy your new riding buddy who's good with a bikes a few beers and hang out while he does it for you.

Keihin FCR's use a hex bowl bolt, and a 6mm hex socket for the MJ.

where do these screw drivers come into play?

Keihin FCR's use a hex bowl bolt, and a 6mm hex socket for the MJ.

where do these screw drivers come into play?

One screwdriver would loosen the air boot, which is needed to spin the carb so you can see where you are working. At least I like to do that.

It sounds like he was talking about changing the PILOT jet, which may also need to be done as well.

One screwdriver would loosen the air boot, which is needed to spin the carb so you can see where you are working. At least I like to do that.

It sounds like he was talking about changing the PILOT jet, which may also need to be done as well.

So I have to change 2 jets?