Sign in to follow this  

2008 sm dies when snapping throttle!

I'm a real noob. I have no idea why when I snap the throttle too quickly, it kills the engine immediately. This has been a slight problem for me when pulling into traffic before. Idle needs adjusted? Please help!👍

I am by no means knowledgeable about DRZ's (or anything else for that matter) at all, but I do recall reading about something similar here before.

Try turning you idle up a little and see if it helps.

What are the details of your set up (jetting, 3x3, pipe etc etc???)

My Bone stock SM does that. I think its because its set so lean from the factory and because the carb doesnt have a pump squirter. Supposedly the 3x3 and rejet makes it all go away but I didnt get around to that yet.

mine used to do that all the time, mess with the idle...that fixed it, but i got new jets and a pipe now and it has not had any probs dying or bogging when i hammer down.

Well I've jetted it and it runs great, but the engine still cuts off instantly if I snap the throttle too quickly. Could a fuel screw adjustment be the solution? I've already turned up the idle and it did nothing to help.

Well I've jetted it and it runs great, but the engine still cuts off instantly if I snap the throttle too quickly. Could a fuel screw adjustment be the solution? I've already turned up the idle and it did nothing to help.

Snap the throttle open when it's in neutral or clutch in? or while riding?

Turn up the idle. Mine did that stock when I had it.

What did you rejet with? Did you use a kit, which one?

the idle might fix it, but if not don't assume it's a lean condition. My SM did that when my pilot jet was too RICH. I had a 25PJ with the Keintech fuel screw.

I went back to the 22.5 and it ran like a dream.