Sign in to follow this  

Who loves wagons?? Post it up!!

I know it is not a truck, but it is to me! I can put plywood in the back and haul my bikes on a trailer. Plus its a woody, and it is also a sleeper- almost 300 horse LT1 V8. Post up your wagons if you got 'em!

2008_0825Pics0241.jpg

2008_0825Pics0244.jpg

I am putting dynomax ultra flow ss mufflers on it this weekend, I have rid of the big huge "home-plate" on the top of the engine and put a trick flow 1LE elbow for a z28 in its place. I will have the K&N filter setup as soon as I have an extra $245. This thing used to be a 92 yr old woman's car. The leather interior is like no one ever sat in it.

Nice Wagon!

I have always liked the smaller units, like the early 70's Datsun B210

Do club wagons count?

011.jpg

I loved my Chevy Suburban - which is really a big wagon on a truck chassis. I sold it about 6 months ago cause it needed the following repairs - ac system, front brakes, cooling system slow leak, steering linkage - arm bushing and a little bit of body work. Plus I had 6 cars/trucks - too many!

The Burb was great though - fits 8 people, tows the boat, could tow toyhauler in a pinch, fits lots of stuff - including 4'x8' plywood sheets, when just the wife & I went camping - we towed a small trailer with bikes and slept inside the back of the Burb - Quiet & no bugs - instead of a tent.

I learned how to drive in a Chrysler Town & Country Wagon with a 440ci V-8.

Remember the wagons that had the foldup back seats that faced the rear window of the car? Friends had that and would pack it full of kids to go to baseball games.

I loved my Chevy Suburban - which is really a big wagon on a truck chassis. I sold it about 6 months ago cause it needed the following repairs - ac system, front brakes, cooling system slow leak, steering linkage - arm bushing and a little bit of body work. Plus I had 6 cars/trucks - too many!

The Burb was great though - fits 8 people, tows the boat, could tow toyhauler in a pinch, fits lots of stuff - including 4'x8' plywood sheets, when just the wife & I went camping - we towed a small trailer with bikes and slept inside the back of the Burb - Quiet & no bugs - instead of a tent.

I learned how to drive in a Chrysler Town & Country Wagon with a 440ci V-8.

Remember the wagons that had the foldup back seats that faced the rear window of the car? Friends had that and would pack it full of kids to go to baseball games.

Yea, mines got the rear facing seats out back too. I almost bought a suburban before buying the buick, but I get 25 mpg on the highway in this thing, about 17 around town. Plus the Buick has more power than the 'burb.

Close but not quite. It was a 1968 to 1970 (I think it was a 1968) two tone brown with the simulated wood siding.

Lot's of memories in that thing - it was really fast too with the 440 mopar!

The 440 big block is probably one of the most powerful engines of that era. My cousin had a '69 roadrunner with a 727 auto and 3 2barrells. I think he broke into the twelves on street tires, totally stock.

I love the big B body wagons! I used to work at a Buick dealership when they first put the LT1s in them. They were fun to drive! My brother has a 9C1 Caprice(not a wagon) LT1 with some mods. Id love to get a wagon but cant convince the fiance. She's not the wagon type.

I got mine for $1700 (well I talked the guy down a bit and he was desperate to sell) and it is mint. I bought it in CT and that was a 2 hour drive (4 hours total) . As I said earlier, it was owned by a 92 yr old lady and garaged. I had to put rear shocks in it (what a bitch!) and I have to put a new a/c compressor in it. I tried to see if the climate control worked on a hot day and the compressor locked up from sitting. Now it makes this terrible noise. All in all, great car and it is so comfy on long trips.

I love those 94-96 roadmaster wagons 👍

What mpg do you really get?

family-truckster-3d-resized.jpg

Here's my fly ride

the family truckster..... you should have photo shopped in "honky lips" while you were at it.......

there is a reason they call them old rides ROADMASTER.....

what do you mean really?

17 city

25 highway

LOL, I mean using old school math. Not that new school math those guys with diesels use to come up with 40mpg while towing their house up a 15% grade 👍

man 1700 for that, I was looking hard for one of those in 99 and they were still going for 6000 plus

but I get 25 mpg on the highway in this thing, about 17 around town.

*** sorry, I didnt read that before

Its all good man! They are still going for mucho bucks! I got lucky! It does have 140K, but it was taken care of and purrs like a kitty kat. The interior is spotless!

2008_0825Pics0247.jpg

2008_0825Pics0248.jpg

I've had a '63 Impala wagon, a Corvair wagon, and I have a Suburban know if that counts. The biggest one I’ve had was a 40 ft. ’68 Gillig bus. 👍

I love old Chevy wagons, about the only ones I don't like are '59 and '60 wagons and any Nomad. EVen some old Ford and Mopar wagons are cool.

Hey, I drive a Corolla Wagon to work everyday. About 75 miles round trip. Get almost 42 mpg's (as long as traffics is moving) its a 5 speed, but does have AC, cruise and intermittent wipers. Those are nice items to have for cruising. Its versatile, I have hauled big items in the back. This saves commute miles from my Tacoma 4WD which I bought new in 98 and only has 58K and sets in a garage.