Sign in to follow this  

blown rings ? ! ? ! ?

👍

well i ran my cr125 at 40:1.....and made it to the store and halfway back !!

the hot smell had gone away,,,temp on the jug wasnt really hot...but about 5 minutes into my ride back my bike just kinda lost throttle response and died with a blah,,blah,,blahhhh !! sounded to me like that too much/not enough fuel sound.....so i got off the bike and tried to start it and the kicker would not move !! pushed it home and a half hour later the kicker moves again but not good ...it has that metal to metal grating sound....will almost start but backfires instead !!!!

as far as i know the bike has sat 4 ten years until i got it 3 weeks ago,, & supposed to have a new top end

A piston can seize when hot and or lean, then let go when it cools off. Not sure what the metal sound is, but I would start by pulling the head and cylinder for inspection, and take a real close look at the big end rod bearing too. Make sure the crankshaft rotates smooth and quite.

Although the engine makes a grating sound when you kick it over, does the compression feel normal? How is you tranny oil level?