Sign in to follow this  

ripped seat cover - stock 07 650

Hey everybody, I let my buddy ride my bike last night, and aparently he had somekind of zipper set up on his rear pockets and they ripped 2 holes in my cover - shit happens !!

If anyone has replaced there seat and still has the stock one in very good shape, or if you know about a replacement cover that is available, please let me know.

I've seriously considered going with an aftermarket seat but its just not in the cards right now !!

Thanks Guys !!

One other option is to go to a used car dealer or detailer. They have some of that magic stuff that fixes the vinyl. I had that done to a boat seat and it held up for years. I think they charged me $20 and if not for the area he cleaned to do the repair, you would not have been able to find it.

One other option is to go to a used car dealer or detailer. They have some of that magic stuff that fixes the vinyl. I had that done to a boat seat and it held up for years. I think they charged me $20 and if not for the area he cleaned to do the repair, you would not have been able to find it.

Thanks Buddy, I work at a Lexus dealer in the servive dept, I'm gonna talk to our interior repair guy tomorow. I was just checking my options

I've picked up vinyl repair kits that I've used on my boats seats in WalMart. Usually in the auto section near the touchup paint, etc....

Have it repadded and recovered at a upholster shop:

So much better on the 👍

18-1.jpg

17.jpg

Hey everybody, I let my buddy ride my bike last night, and aparently he had somekind of zipper set up on his rear pockets and they ripped 2 holes in my cover - shit happens !!

If anyone has replaced there seat and still has the stock one in very good shape, or if you know about a replacement cover that is available, please let me know.

I've seriously considered going with an aftermarket seat but its just not in the cards right now !!

Thanks Guys !!

I've got a practically new seat cover from a black 2007 in perfect condition. It came off the seat that Renazco rebuilt. PM me if you are interested.

Ken