Sign in to follow this  

bar shake

i have a 125 dirtbike that does bad bar shake when ive got it pinned in 6th doin about 70-80 mph, how do i stop this from happening?

The front tire and tire pressure are the biggest reasons I have found. As long as nothing is loose or bent.

i have a 125 dirtbike that does bad bar shake when ive got it pinned in 6th doin about 70-80 mph, how do i stop this from happening?

honestly, your 125 is not doing 70-80mph.

anyways, what you're describing is called headshake, like mentioned check over the bike and make sure everything is tight and torqued to spec.

Something is out of spec. You've got an imbalance on the things that turn that cause the headshake. Check your wheels and tires. Did you put Slime in the tubes? Also, check the steering head bearings!!! Wear on these will shimmy the head around enough at high speed to cause this. I would look at steering head bearings first.

while all of those can be contributing factors, it's most likely suspension. Try lowering your tubes a few mm's in the clamps. If you're also very light, you may need to look into softer springs.

while all of those can be contributing factors, it's most likely suspension. Try lowering your tubes a few mm's in the clamps. If you're also very light, you may need to look into softer springs.

👍 I had baaaadd headshake, lowered my forks and got them tuned for my weight, (120 lbs), i dont have any now.