Sign in to follow this  

leaking carb?

can anyone think of what would cause fuel to come poring out of overflow hoses on a carb? i recently rejetted my carb and changed a butterfly flap on it, when i installed it and turned on the fuel valve fuel just comes out of the hoses

Your floats could be hung up. That can happen if you put the bowl on wrong. Does your bike have one of those white splash guards inside the carb? If it does it could be in wrong and cause the floats to get hung up and not let them close so gas will be running out the overflow when the bowl is full. Happend to me with once

That recently happened to me too. At first I thought I had the floats in wrong but after re-taking it apart it looked fine. I actually started it up for a few and it fixed itself. Possibly the float just needed to seat itself? Did you start it up at all?

That recently happened to me too. At first I thought I had the floats in wrong but after re-taking it apart it looked fine. I actually started it up for a few and it fixed itself. Possibly the float just needed to seat itself? Did you start it up at all?

I should note that when I started it I had the gas off because the bowl was already full. 👍