Sign in to follow this  

ttr90 run like crap- please help!!

i just bought a used 2001 ttr90 yesterday and now it wont idle unless the choke is on. and when it does it idles very high. as soon as i turn the choke off it dies just like i pushed the killswitch

Your pilot jet is likley pluged. Clean it with a small piece of wire and it should be good to go. make sure the air filter is clean also.

I bought a 2005 same thing, then bought a 2007 so now I have two. The 07 ran pretty good so I did the swap on the pilot jets and the 05 ran great. Humm...So after some searching and a whole $5 I bought two 15 pilot jets one for each, now I'm happy to report they both run excellent and idle like they should, before my son would shift into gear with the choke out and take off like a shot. Now, when the bike is running you can shift into gear and the bike will just sit there untill the gas is given.

I'm adding my experiance only because I tried the wire cleaning and even used a torch tip cleaner to try and clear the old 12.5 pilot. Didn't work and after several times of taking the bowl off and on that $5 for the new 15 pilot jet is money well spend. Whatever you do, don't adjust out the throttle cable as this will only get worse when the little one tries to turn. I'm still getting a little popping and sputter on the 05 at full throttle so I'm going to get the 95 main and that is supposed to cure all that ails the TTR. Here are the part numbers if you need them, most dealers have a good selection on hand if you just bring in your old ones. 95-main jet #Y18A-14143-19-00 and 15-pilot jet is #Y5HP-14142-15-00 Good luck. I also got all this information from here on previous threads.

hey everyone thank for all of your help. its all greatly appreciated. i cleaned the pilot jet and it runs way better but not perfect. i ordered the 15 pilot and 95 main they will be here friday. thanks again for all of your help!

hey everyone thank for all of your help. its all greatly appreciated. i cleaned the pilot jet and it runs way better but not perfect. i ordered the 15 pilot and 95 main they will be here friday. thanks again for all of your help!

Hey, I'm having the same problem on my 2003 Ttr 90 .... Did the pilot and main jet swap work for you ?

I'm getting ready to order some .....