Sign in to follow this  

I need to choose a bike today!?!

Hey everybody,

I need to choose between the KTM sx250f and the Kawasaki kx250.

I'm going crazy trying to decide. I had a Honda CRF 450 that I sold last year after a crash and I havent ridden in 15 months becuase of my injuries. I just got the green light from my doctor today so I'm ready for a new bike and I have decided to go to a 250 for a while since my conditioning and stregnth isnt all there yet.

I am 6'3", 175lbs. Does anyone have any suggestions between these 2 bikes? Your help is greatly appreciated! OH yeah, pure track riding, no trails, etc...

i would say the Ktm just because i have one and love it!!!

Ive never ridden a kx250 but the motors are totally different, the ktm has all of its power in low to mid and is faster to short shift where the kawi will have most of the power on top.

Also some people dont like Ktm's because of its thin seat and it might be weird for you coming off of a honda which has one of the widest seats.

Have you ridden the two yet?

Thanks for the input! I actually just chose the KTM. I sat on the Kawasaki and it felt good, but I just thought the quality of the finish was not on the level as KTM. Not that appearance should amount for too much, but it just didnt do it for me.

I havent ridden the KTM, but I figure for being off a bike this long, I would have to re-adapt to any bike. So might as well try something new like a KTM.

Have you had any issues with your bike?

I love how ktm uses top of the line stuff right off the showroom floor!!

And the only thing that took me awhile to get used to was the hot start lever...maybe it was just me but for a few days it took like 4 kicks to get it going. Now im fine and can get it first kick. Other than that all i have to say is change the oil every ride!!!! You will be sorry if you dont trust me...i guess they have 2 screens in there now instead of one.