Sign in to follow this  

Repoed bikes

btw...the auctions are usualyl dealer only. i had my kx250f repo'ed sadly. morning after christmas no less. xD

btw...the auctions are usualyl dealer only. i had my kx250f repo'ed sadly. morning after christmas no less. xD
Yep, our Honda dealer just went down to San Diego to a huge repo sale. They came back with mostly Yamaha's. They said it was due how easy it is to get a Yamaha card, lots and lots of Yamahas getting repo'ed. Most of them are junk too. I guess if you cant afford the payments, you cant afford much maintainence either. I would never buy a repo bike, espcially a 4stroke.

Yep, our Honda dealer just went down to San Diego to a huge repo sale. They came back with mostly Yamaha's. They said it was due how easy it is to get a Yamaha card, lots and lots of Yamahas getting repo'ed. Most of them are junk too. I guess if you cant afford the payments, you cant afford much maintainence either. I would never buy a repo bike, espcially a 4stroke.

lol, mine was the one in my garage..we maintained that thing veryy well.

There is always an exception. But after seeing the bikes they brought back......no thanks. 👍

lol true.

If they sell it at an auction, can't you just go buy it back.

Yes, from the dealer. Most of those auctions are "dealer only" so you have to have a hook up, or special permission, etc. But then that would be kinda retarded, because he would still have to pay off the rest of the money not recovered, plus the money for his bike that he just "re-bought", and that's not even including the money he already put down. So in the end, he would have a $15k bike worth oh say.......$4,000??? :worthy:

Best of luck to the OP though...seriously, that stinks bro. 👍

In West Michigan, we have several repo lots that sell to the general public. A price is posted in the windshield and then offers are taken until the bank accepts one.

I bought my son's 02 KTM EXC200 in December of 06 for $1500. Bike was in new shape with some nipples still on the original tires. Best bike deal I've ever found.

I've heard that a repo can be stopped if you can pay the repo man in full. Ask if you can write a check...

I'd say let it be a lesson learned.

#1 you financed your bike--if you can't pay cash for it don't buy it--i'm sure many here will argue that, but I live by the Dave Ramsey rule.

#2. They sent you 2 letters..did you think they were christmas cards??

#3. You financed a "gold" chain and then you put on presumably a $400 minimum exhaust system.

#4. The bike is not worth even getting a loan to get it back, unless the financed company will clear your credit, get that in a written and signed statement before you pay them.

#5. Now go buy a used bike for cash, when you get a job, and never worry about a payment on a quickly depreciating toy.

--I am telling you all this from experience..we all come to these forums to learn about our bikes from people with experience, but we can all learn some life lessons from people with experience.

good luck,

Zac

Your always liable for the balance of a repo, and they can come after you for it, unless you file bankruptcy.

as long as its in a fenced in area there not supposed to enter but repo people get payed to repo so make sure is out of site and lcked up or they will get it hide it at a freinds house

Ive also got good deals on repos a little work and there ready to go. not beat up they lookgood and run good double my money sometimes

What do you do for work and how old are you. My advice in a down market for jobs is to go back to school and learn a new skill or advance your current skills. It is not like you are going to make alot of money right now anyway. Look at it this way, suck it up for now and when the job market turns you will make way more money and that new bike won't be so hard to pay for.

Join the national gaurd 👍 lol about a 20g enlistment bonus. I went the officer route and they are taking care of me.

How come you could afford an aftermarket pipe but not make the payments and what kind of TV do you have that you could sell to pay off a bike?👍

Well when I bought the bike I was making plenty of money and paid cash for the exhaust but I got laid off and was out of work for about 2 1/2 weeks and the only other job I could find was part time at Capt. D's. I tried all the temp services around here and they all said that they were having trouble fnding work for everybody(About 250 people got laid off from my job). So thats 250 people that had to find new jobs that can make jobs a little scarce

Where in TN are you? How old are you? What were you doing for work?

Where in TN are you? How old are you? What were you doing for work?

Im in Cleveland, TN. Im 19 and I was at Rubbermaid in the factory making a pretty decent wage. I was planning on buying a bike and then when I got it payed off going back to school.

Im in Cleveland, TN. Im 19 and I was at Rubbermaid in the factory making a pretty decent wage. I was planning on buying a bike and then when I got it payed off going back to school.

Ok. I am hiring but you are 165 miles away and I have to have 21 years old for insurance. Looks like you are not too far from Chattanooga. No work there?