Sign in to follow this  

Just want to say hi.......

Hi guys just signed up today:thumbsup:

Here's what I have in my garage at the moment.....

1967 Triumph Daytona 500

Daytona-01.jpg

1963 Triumph Rickman Metisse 500

Metisse-01.jpg

1965 Triumph Cotton 500

Cotton-01.jpg

And last but not least a 1976 XT500 Yamaha

XTWheelie-01-1.jpg

My XT may be joined by another one next week:ride:

I'm thinking about building an HL500:worthy: but it may just turn out to be far too expensive:mad:

Awesome bike!! Very nice! Oh, and welcome aboard! 👍

Thanks for the welcome guys:applause:

I much prefer riding the Cotton to be honest:thumbsup: Its just more nimble compared the the Metisse:ride: The big Yam is just so plush compaired to the other two...👍

Nice to see another British nut on this forum.

I had a '72 Triumph Daytona back in the day and enjoyed it.

Also had a TT500.

That Cotton is especially fine. I've always wanted to buy one of Fluff Brown and Company's replicas that they sell.

Mike (the lurker)

'71 AJS 370

'71 AJS 410

'02 Honda XR400R

Thanks for the kind words ajayMike:thumbsup:

The Cotton is actually the ex-works bike that Andy Roberton won the British Bonanza Scamble way back in 1996(I think)👍 My dad had ordered a bike from the Browns and got a phone call asking if he fancied buying their works bike.....the rest, as they say, is history:busted: Andy signed the tank before we took collection if it which was cool:applause:

Wow, great story.

Andy Roberton is of course a hero to all of us Stormer riders. For those who don't know, he and Malcom Davis in the U.K. and Doug Grant here in the Colonies were the AJS works riders back in the late 60's and early 70's. They were responsible for most of AJS's bragging rights on the pro motocross racing scene. Oops I almost forgot Arthur Browning.

As I say I've always wanted a Cotton 500 Triumph. I had a Triumph Trophy Trail (TR5T) back in the day, which was a 500 Triumph engine in a BSA B50 motocross frame. It was a sweet machine, reliable as an anvil, but the Cotton frame and running gear would be a lot more cool. What a great vintage dual sport machine it would make.

Mike the lurker

'71 AJS 370

'73 AJS 410

'02 Honda XR400R

What a great vintage dual sport machine it would make.

Funny you should mention that:eek: I have a copy of Classic Bike (I think) that has such a beast on test:thumbsup: Its virtually identicle to mine but with road tyres, lights and a silencer fitted:busted: Got the 👍 from them:applause: