Sign in to follow this  

Mods

Is there instructions or a pdf for the jet kit and airbox mod?

I'll be getting a DR soon and my fingers are already iching to do these mods.

For those who have done it how does it work with a stock muffler or should I just pop for a pipe. Thanks, Willy

pop for a pipe. havent tried with a stock pipe but my staintune sounds shit loads better than stock!

jet kit comes with instructions, kientechs site has the diagram of what to cut out.

pop for a pipe. havent tried with a stock pipe but my staintune sounds shit loads better than stock!

jet kit comes with instructions, kientechs site has the diagram of what to cut out.

don,t pop 4 the pipe. do jet kit and air box mod. see if your happy with the performance. if you are, you,ve saved 300-400 bucks.

I'm kinda regreting that I got the Q2 cause how often I have to repack it, it just seems like a pain in the rear. If you want a pipe I'd lean towards the Staintune or an 01 GSXR 1000 pipe moded to your header thats my 2 cents anyways.

Thanks everyone, I think I'll start with the carb and airbox mods and see how it works. The GSXR sounds like the thing to do to save $$$ though the Staintune is a full system right? Thanks again, Willy G

Thanks everyone, I think I'll start with the carb and airbox mods and see how it works. The GSXR sounds like the thing to do to save $$$ though the Staintune is a full system right? Thanks again, Willy G

ya the Staintune is complete system.

If I was going to do the airbox mod I would cut some round holes and have some plugs handy in case you want to undo the mod. The airbox assembly is over $100. I just cut the top of mine out but if I had it to do over again I would cut round holes that could be patched back.

I got good performance from my mods but also lost a good bit of gas milage. If gas gets a whole lot worse I might convert it back to stock.

I believe there have been some guys on there that have done the airbox mod with the option of closing off the holes to bring it back to stock. I would check that out....

I just took the airbox side cover off. Nothing permanent about that. Then again I just ride the street you off road guys may not want to go for that.