Other hobbies of DRZ owners...

Ok, kinda curious. What other hobbies are you DRZ guys into? I'm talking like hobbies that you take almost as serious as your DRZ. I guess other types of motorcycles would count as well. Let's see, here are a couple of mine...

Guns, I LOVE me some guns! Not into killing anything at all, just like tricking them out and shooting them. As soon as I found out that you can trick out a gun like a motorcycle, I was totally sold. It has offically become a problem for me trying to NOT spend anymore money on them.

Movies, yeah, boring but true

Used to be HUGE into H.O. scale slot cars. Once again, found out that you could trick them out, I was sold. Plus it is the safest way to drink and drive!

I have always been into motorcycles. At one point owned 7 at one time and 6 of those were crotch rockets. I worked at a few shops and would get too good of deals to pass up.

Pocketbikes, I was pretty big into these because my buddies all got them and we called it "Retarded Racing". It was super fun until I made my bike faster than everyones and they stopped racing with me. I stuck to the rules we put on our class, had to have stock displacement. I can't help it if I know my stuff.

When I was a kid it was skateboarding and that was pretty much it.

Truthfully, since I got my DR-Z last June of '07, I have put everything else on the backburner. That includes my Toyota 4Runner, Land Cruiser, & playing hockey regularly. I do still suit-up for an occasional game of pick-up hockey though, but that's very sporadic.

Right now, I try to hit-up a round of Par 3 game of golf with a few friends once a week. I even got my 1st hole-in-one back in March. ๐Ÿ‘

cwoncruiser.jpg

Music would be my other hobby. I try to go see a few friends when they're in town playing a gig.

DSCN6844.jpg

• Like 1

Nice! A lot of bicycling going on in here. That made me think of some things I forgot to add to my list.

Riding wheelies on my bicycle, longest one to date is 6/10th of a mile

Parties, I throw kick ass parties and am quite the pro at drinking beers

Music, I don't play it, but I do catch a few shows here and there. Going to see Slightly Stoopid and Pepper in Sept. and just recently saw the Smut Peddlers in Oceanside.

Ok so to whomever posted about RC cars, they have RC Rockcrawling??? Did I read that right?

Nice! A lot of bicycling going on in here. That made me think of some things I forgot to add to my list.

Riding wheelies on my bicycle, longest one to date is 6/10th of a mile

I'm still trying to work on that on my mtb. I can probably do about half a block. :worthy:

Parties, I throw kick ass parties and am quite the pro at drinking beers

So, when r u having the "Summer's End Motarded BBQ" at your place?:busted:

I've also noticed sk8boarding in common as well. Since I grew up in L.A., I used to hit up The Pipeline Skatepark a good amount of time in the 80's. I even still have my Pipeline membership card in my scrapbook. Unfortunately, I never got to skate The Del Mar Skate Ranch before it got torn down. ๐Ÿ‘

I was into cars quite a bit until I discovered motorcycles and how much cheaper they are. $140 worth of plastic beats 5 minutes in a body shop any day of the week, not to mention the costs of mechanical parts like engines, etc. I've built up a couple of Datsun 280Z's with triple weber 2 barrel carbs, cams, high CR pistons, etc and I started modding out my '06 Mazda MX-5 until I thought about how much it would suck toblow the engine or wreck my only enclosed mode of transportation, and something that cost over $20k - no way I could ever afford to fix it if something happened due to my own stupidity.

I also play the electric guitar, mostly hard stuff/metal, I'm a college football fanatic, and I'm into home theater. Starting to get into guns, just bought my first 3 weeks ago.

• Like 1

I'm still trying to work on that on my mtb. I can probably do about half a block. :worthy:

So, when r u having the "Summer's End Motarded BBQ" at your place?:busted:

I've also noticed sk8boarding in common as well. Since I grew up in L.A., I used to hit up The Pipeline Skatepark a good amount of time in the 80's. I even still have my Pipeline membership card in my scrapbook. Unfortunately, I never got to skate The Del Mar Skate Ranch before it got torn down. ๐Ÿ‘

Pipeline skatepark! Talk about old school! You and I are the exact reverse. I never skated Pipeline, but I did skate Del Mar. It was a sad day when they tore up the keyhole. I was never good enough to do the keyhole except for a few kick turns but the rest was a blast.

As for a end of summer bbq at my place...we pretty much have a party, or at least a get together every weekend. This coming weekend is a bit busy for me, but you may just be on to something there. I might invite a few of you guys over the weekend after labor day. I should warn you though, we start off Sundays with Bloody Marys at Peabodys, don't bring your bikes, make sure to bring board shorts/towel, and a thirsty appetite! Lounging on the lagoon is a really rough life, lol.

Here is a link to a video that was taken in my back yard. This is me and my buddy rolling my old roomie down our dock in a huge tube. You can't see it, but listen to the crowd cheer him on in the background.

Here is another link to a video of my buddy Marty and me racing pocket bikes. He actually broke his shoulder blade in this video. Yes, he broke it BEFORE I ran into him

Ok so to whomever posted about RC cars, they have RC Rockcrawling??? Did I read that right?

Yes, RC rock crawling (rccrawler.com)

This is ~1/4 mile from my house:

Here's a pic of my 2 stroke gas boat (6 hp, ~55 mph)

rcboats057.jpg

And me doing something stupid on the DH bike:

BikingandStuff087.jpg

GUNS! ๐Ÿ‘ lol Motorcycles and guns....what else is there?

Got an insane collection of pistols, revolvers, shotties and rifles. I mod the heck out of them too. Just like TwinJetGuy I don't hunt, but I do blow thousands every month in ammo at the local range. Between the cost of ammo and all of the cool 'must have guns' it has to be the most expensive hobby there is. Shooting has always been my PlanB when I can't go ride :worthy:

Also do lots of golfing in the summer

Lots of 4x4ing/camping/dirtbiking in the off-season

Lots of cruisin' on the Hog, and I did spend lots of time on my sportbike that I recently sold (about time)

Pretty heavy into investing in stocks and metals (By investing I mean lose money, so I guess I can call it a hobby :busted: )

And since I'm now a dad; lots of hanging out with the little one :blah:

modding guns- oh yes been there!

I have two Ruger 10/22's, AK47, three SKS's all modded.

My Ruger mod list:

Dura coated camo Tapco T6 stock

homemade tactical sling

30mm red dot

Beamshot laser

Majestic Arms 920 Alumilite barrel

Skeeters modified V block

Power custom titanium extractor

Buffer Technologies bolt buffer

Eagle extended mag release

Tactical Innovations T125 magazines

Bolt release mod, polished and radiused bolt. polished rod guide, firing pin mod, polished inside receiver- lubed with KG dri moly

Ruger10221.jpg

• Like 1

There is just something about a nicely modified gun that just brings a tear to your eye. It's just a beautiful thing!

So since I live in California, I am legally bound to not go and say what I own, but if I were to give you an idea of what my collection looked like, I would have to say that the picture below is pretty much, almost, could be 100% accurate...๐Ÿ‘ I like my guns like Jonny Cash liked his clothes...black. Except for the one rifle, that is my Remington 241 Speedmaster that my grandfather gave me.

guns.jpg

Nice collection Twinjet.

Guns are a given. I grew up w/ hunting, & they are just a part of life. I did go on a rimfire bender last year and bought up 4 or 5 more. I got a real good deal on a minty Remington 541T w/ the heavy barrel, and I also bought 3 Remington 504's (.22, .17 Mach 2, and a .17 HMR in the targe version), a Remington 581, and a Savage stainless/laminate .17 HMR. I really want a Cooper. They are beautiful rifles. Or an Ultra Light Arms rimfire. They have one at the local shop that's spectacular. They weigh nothing. Unfortunately, it's left handed. Even though i'm left handed, I've never used one, so I'm not sure i'd like it.

Otherwise, I have a thing for high end acoustic guitars. I have 2 Martins (D28 & a D28CW [Clarence White]), a Bourgeois Country Boy Deluxe, and a Blueridge BR140 "beater" guitar. I'm trying to save up for a Collings D1A Varnish, but they are around 6K or a little better.

I go to the gym 3 days a week, and do cardio 3 days a week if those count as hobbies.

Fishing for river smallies (smallmouth bass) is a blast.

It's tough to find time to do it all, or some of it at all. ๐Ÿ‘