Sign in to follow this  

Other hobbies of DRZ owners...

There is just something about a nicely modified gun that just brings a tear to your eye. It's just a beautiful thing!

So since I live in California, I am legally bound to not go and say what I own, but if I were to give you an idea of what my collection looked like, I would have to say that the picture below is pretty much, almost, could be 100% accurate...👍 I like my guns like Jonny Cash liked his clothes...black. Except for the one rifle, that is my Remington 241 Speedmaster that my grandfather gave me.

guns.jpg

Your collection looks a lot like mine!! I got a thing for black guns too

Funny; we've got the exact same Tapco set-up on our SKS's.

There's also my P99, my G17, AR, 1911 ....lol

Also have a real nice Remmie 700 sniper/tactical set-up in .308. And of course a few 870s and done-up 10-22s :worthy:

• Like 1

Yet one more thread that gives me a chubby!!! Lots of cool stuff so far!

I live in South Dakota, so guns and hunting are pretty much a required hobby here. Since I bought my first dirt bike in 05, that's been pretty much the only thing on my mind other than my wife (you know I gotta say that or She'll beat me to a bloody pulp, then again I might like that:D ) My wife loves to fish so we do a little bit of that too.

Your collection looks a lot like mine!! I got a thing for black guns too

Funny; we've got the exact same Tapco set-up on our SKS's.

There's also my P99, my G17, AR, 1911 ....lol

Also have a real nice Remmie 700 sniper/tactical set-up in .308. And of course a few 870s and done-up 10-22s :worthy:

You gotta love that Tapco stock for the SKS! You do have a couple that I would like to add to my collection. The P99 and the Rem 700. The rifle in the very bottom of my collection is my latest project. It's a Mosin Nagant that I couldn't help but screw with. The funny part is that for as much as I spent on modifying it, I probably could have bought something a bit nicer, but then I wouldn't get to work on it as much! I even went as far as to make my own custom adjustable trigger on the Mosin which works great. Ahhhh the joys of having a friend that owns a machine shop!

And 1911's, where do I begin? That is like the chevy 350 small block of the gun world! I LOVE that gun. It's a Rock Island Armory, nothing fancy but I have done quite a bit to it and it works like a dream.

Damn, I could go on and on about firearms and motorcycles all day! I try to tell my g/f that it's pillow talk but she doesn't fall for it. 👍

modding guns- oh yes been there!

I have two Ruger 10/22's, AK47, three SKS's all modded.

My Ruger mod list:

Dura coated camo Tapco T6 stock

homemade tactical sling

30mm red dot

Beamshot laser

Majestic Arms 920 Alumilite barrel

Skeeters modified V block

Power custom titanium extractor

Buffer Technologies bolt buffer

Eagle extended mag release

Tactical Innovations T125 magazines

Bolt release mod, polished and radiused bolt. polished rod guide, firing pin mod, polished inside receiver- lubed with KG dri moly

Question for you "modded" gun owners.

Why do you have to mod your gun? Aren't you just concern in taking the enemy(i.e. the bad guy) out, and maybe an occasional trip to the gun range?👍 Wouldn't an unmodded gun take out the bad guy just as well as a modded one? :worthy:

Please enlighten me.:busted:

Definitely firearms for me too. In fact I found out about TT while waiting for my turn at a IDPA competition from a fellow competitor who showed up for the contest on a big bike.

Besides firearms my other big hobbies are Photography and RV'ing. Nikon with lots of lenses for the first and a Holiday Rambler for the second.

Question for you "modded" gun owners.

Why do you have to mod your gun? Aren't you just concern in taking the enemy(i.e. the bad guy) out, and maybe an occasional trip to the gun range?👍 Wouldn't an unmodded gun take out the bad guy just as well as a modded one? :worthy:

Please enlighten me.:busted:

Because they can. Because it increases accuracy and reliability. Because it makes it personalized to your liking, no different than modding your bike.

Because they can. Because it increases accuracy and reliability. Because it makes it personalized to your liking, no different than modding your bike.

I guess if you compare to modding your DR-Z, I suppose if make sense. After all, an unmodded DR-Z does the same just as well.:worthy::busted:👍

Cesar,

To put it simply, it's FUN! It does make it more accurate in some cases as well. For example, if you have a gun with a strong trigger pull, you lighten that trigger pull up a bit, it makes it easier to shoot, making it more accurate. Better sights on the gun do the exact same thing.

Plus it's just really damn cool to tell your gun buddies about all the stuff you did to it. Kind of like bench racing and drinking some beers with your friends. Mmmmmmmm beer.

I was brought up on sleds and only recently got hardcore into bikes. I'm also into basketball and mountain biking...

1-27-08camp24nice4s.jpg

Hey WR!

We share the OTHER passion...

I'm sure you can figure out who I am by the sled (1st in line)

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=482316

Well, I guess next to the bikes would be the RC stuff. I have five cars and trucks all modded out but I'm most proud of my custom built RC rock crawler, because there was quite a bit of fab work to get it right.

Picture001.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

I'm also into helis

Picture005.jpg

And pit bikes...stunting, mini mx, and of course mini tards. I spent a week over the winter building my dirt / mini tard motor and it's a lot of fun.

Dirt setup

bermshot.jpg

Tard setup

minimoto.jpg

Little wheelie vid in tard trim

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e148/speedracer93/Fiddy/?action=view&current=M4V00040.flv

Another 👍:worthy::busted: for Pipeline. I found my membership card in a box of old things the other day, memories :blah:

Not really a hobby but he takes up most of my free time. We've been modding his power wheels.

jettgif2.gif

2.jpg

Built this a few years ago. Took almost 5 years to complete. 100% done in a 2 1/2 car garage. Every nut and bolt.

HPIM3242-1.jpg

Also ride flatland freestyle, Camping, A couple RC cars, toys toys toys!!

I really only have enough $ for two hobies DRZ's and paintball. I mostly play casual paintball at my local field (where I work part time). As well as participate in local tournaments, shown below

http://bcpump.org/mediagallery/media.php?f=1&s=20080517203726970

http://bcpump.org/mediagallery/media.php?f=1&s=20080517203636468

Hang the flag in finals for the win:canada: Team Anglo Saxion #1

http://bcpump.org/mediagallery/media.php?f=0&sort=0&s=20080517203809990

Not really a hobby but he takes up most of my free time. We've been modding his power wheels.

jettgif2.gif

2.jpg

Built this a few years ago. Took almost 5 years to complete. 100% done in a 2 1/2 car garage. Every nut and bolt.

HPIM3242-1.jpg

Also ride flatland freestyle, Camping, A couple RC cars, toys toys toys!!

That car is BAD ASS!!!!! Awesome job! What kind of mods are you doing to the power wheels?

That car is BAD ASS!!!!! Awesome job! What kind of mods are you doing to the power wheels?

Thanks Twinjet!! Mods are mostly just stacking batteries in until the gearboxes puke. Got that little one on 18 volts right now. It holds up good

as long as he stays out of the grass with it. The yellow one just got # plates

and #'s, Re-greased the gearboxes, minor tweaking here and there. He's ready

for a motorcycle though. 👍

• Like 1

Mountain biking.....alot. Flamenco guitarest with a trouppe in the south west, and used to build rifle stocks from blanks, but that stopped, after i stopped hunting. I do enjoy the shooting part quite well since I need to practice regularly since I am armed when flying. Life is great.👍:worthy:

Erling

• Like 1