Sign in to follow this  

X radiator on an R

Do the radiators from a 450x fit a 450r? If so do they require x rad shrouds? I thought I heard somewhere the factory hondas use x rads or one of them.

Are the holes on the shroud different or both the holes on the frame and shroud different? Did you guy's consider making some new mount adapters?

I can tell you for sure that the mounting tabs of the X radiators are more than an inch off of the R's. I've read that if you modify the X radiators and mount them on your R, you can use the X shrouds and X grills. You would have to be quite handy with your TIG/aluminum welding to modify the X radiators to work. I've been contemplating it for a while. Like cctc said, I put on Fluidyne Radiators and haven't worried about it since. I'm fascinated by seeing Andrew Short's factory bike using at least the left side X radiator modified so that it is partially an oil cooler, partially a coolant radiator = very cool (no pun intended!).

I take it the X shroud will mount on the R tank without issues. Sounds like an interesting mod. I stuck a log thorugh my shroud/rad/moose rad guard and grill so I gotta buy that stuff anyways.

I take it the X shroud will mount on the R tank without issues. Sounds like an interesting mod. I stuck a log thorugh my shroud/rad/moose rad guard and grill so I gotta buy that stuff anyways.

no.....the x shroud may bolt up on the top two bolts but will not on the lower bolt.....the r rads are different

the x tank will work with the r's shroud I installed an x tank on my R