Sign in to follow this  

5a

It's totally flooded with three feet of standing water. The entire parking area(not the slab) is under water as well as the trails leading into the woods. I didn't even take my bike off my truck. It looks to be weeks without any rain before it's ready to go again. I've ridden out there before when it was pretty wet but I've never seen it this bad. The St. Johns River at SR 50 is unbelievable as well. I stopped and took some pics with my phone and saw a gator swimming where it's usually bone dry!

Kinda what I expected, but I was hopeful. SR46 is closed until Monday or so I heard.

Thanks for letting me know. Sure wish I could come up with a place to camp and ride this weekend without traveling 3+ hours to ONF.

Croom is pretty nice.

3 hour haul for me; I was trying to find something closer that wasn't flooded. Actually, Croom and ONF are about the same haul for me, so usually ONF wins the toss. The permit's cheaper and it offers many more options. I still like hitting Croom once in awhile, especially if I can score a campsite.