Sign in to follow this  

Jr50 Top End ?'s

I justed picked up an OEM top end kit for my JR50 and i have a couple questions I hope someone can answer for me. First, the ring kit has three part. Two I was expecting, plus one thinner angled ring. Were does it go? Also, i cannot even blow through my exhaust. No wonder it was blowing by the rings. Does it need replacing? I put a little carb cleaner in there and it is slightly better. And finally, what if anything should I use to lubricate the cylinder and rings upon instalation. Thanks.

also check the exhaust port on the cylinder clean out with a screw driver then wire brush it, the exhaust can be heated the wire brushed out,

just use a little 2 moke oil very small amount and use your finger and coat the inside of the cylinder,

as far ase the gasket goes one should be metal and on the head, the other should be paper and goes on the case to cylinder, the third one might just be a standard shim, does it match the either of the others?

you could have 2 paper bottom end gaskets and one metal upper, its hard for me to know without pics. my gasket set for the jr50 came with 2 gaskets right from wiseco