Sign in to follow this  

Installing new front blinkers

My bike had Acerbis plastic barkbusters with the blinkers built in but I broke one of them. Now I'm looking to install new blinkers that are mounted on the same brackets as the SM blinkers (possibly S as well). The brackets are small, black and mount to the triple clamp bolts. I would like to be able to easily remove/reinstall the blinkers for the enduros and harescrambles. Can anyone suggest a good place to purchase both the brackets and blinkers that might work well?

My bike had Acerbis plastic barkbusters with the blinkers built in but I broke one of them. Now I'm looking to install new blinkers that are mounted on the same brackets as the SM blinkers (possibly S as well). The brackets are small, black and mount to the triple clamp bolts. I would like to be able to easily remove/reinstall the blinkers for the enduros and harescrambles. Can anyone suggest a good place to purchase both the brackets and blinkers that might work well?

I doubt you'll find any aftermarket ones that can re-use the stock bracket, it's got a big weird hole right through it that only works with stock blinkers...

I'd say you have two options:

- Ask someone here for their old stock blinkers (I'll send you mine if you want to pay postage from Oz :thumbsup: )

- Fab your own brackets and use aftermarket ones, and fab some kind of quick release to take them on and off.

Good luck.

Can someone show me a picture of the stock bracket so I can see what Rej is talking about? What other options are there?

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=39053

not a stock bracket, but a simple fabbed bracket from 3/4" wide alum.stock.

i used a 10-32 bolt thru the bracket & into the blinker housing. a large flat washer inside, then a nut. needs to be installed with lense & bulb removed.

use 1/16" thick for off road, 1/8" for street.

it cuts some weight considering you ommit the stand-offs & steel brackets.

Ask a auto repair shop if you can look at their junk radiators and grab a piece of aluminum from one. I made the same brackets from a 1996 Ford Ranger Radiator. The bottom has a 2"x2' section of thin aluminum you can use

No brackets here. Shouldn't be too hard to remove them.

The whole mod took about 20 minutes.

IMG_1896.jpg

No brackets here. Shouldn't be too hard to remove them.

The whole mod took about 20 minutes.

IMG_1896.jpg

I put mine on the front shroud also.

fri006.jpg