06 yz250f or 06 crf250r? and do the 06 crf250r's valves last longer than the 04/05

Im getting a new bike its eather going to be a 06 or up crf250r or 06 and up yz250f. I want a bike thats going to be reliable. I heard that the crf250r has lots of valve problems which was a turnoff to me getting it. But were the valve problems fixed in year 06 on the 06 crf250r's. does the 06 crf250r have any valve problems. and which bike out of these 2 is the best deal for performance. thanks

there is no valve problems any more, it was true back in 2002-2004 but now the valves problem deal is just a myth. just keep the air filter clean and your good. i have the 06 with a bone stock top end and valves are still in spec. it has atlest 70 houres on it.

i have actually never drove a yzf but i have hear over and over that the crf handles way better

mmmm no not really, the 06 head is more resistant to valves probs so just get a 06.....but any bike is gonna have valve probs if you dont know how to take care of it

of course, im coming from an 04 yz250f and want a honda now. i could get an 05 with super lower hours and is well maintaned and never ridden hard from a guy i know, or an 06 from lord knows where so i was interested in what this thread had to say too

yamaha seems to have the best track record for valve reliability, bar no other bike.

Many think its because of the extra valve on the intake side making all the intake valves smaller and thus lighter....that the bike requires less seat pressure and the valves last longer.

Also, the oem yamaha valves are very good quality from what I have seen.

The bike also carries its oil in a remote reservoir, which most likely acts like an oil cooler. This probably is another reason for its good track record.

That said, I think it was the 06 model year that had a valve recall, some manufacturing issue..so if you end up with an 06 yamaha, check to see if the bike has had its recall work done.

06 for 06, the honda is said to handle much better, but power is about the same stock for stock as well if I remember right.

the 06 yamaha is supposed to have excellent suspension, but we all know that showa can be made to work excellent.