Sign in to follow this  

Restricted valve cover vent cause overheating?

Hey guys, just wondering if a restricted valve cover vent line not totally blocked, but would this cause your motor to run hotter and possibly overheat??

In my opinion no. But it could build excessive base pressure and make its own place to breath: e.g. valve cover gasket/seals or maybe a left or right crankshaft seal.

Well my whole deal is when I first got my bike a couple years ago I squished the rad.. Never overheated.. never a problem.. I have recently gotten Rad guards (flatland) and moved to a hotter place... When I am riding on tight trails I understand when I overheat and take breaks.. but this is talking about FAST 4th and 5th gear logging road riding but in 38'C weather and I will be overheating when I stopped and funny enough my left case gasket started leaking... I did the Mod where you shorten your valve cover breather line (don't ask me why, just excited with new bike ha ha) anyways the filter got clogged and when I tried to blow through it (yuck) it was pretty tough.. so just wondered how many of these things are connected.. I am planning on buying a new Rad.

Well my whole deal is when I first got my bike a couple years ago I squished the rad.. Never overheated.. never a problem.. I have recently gotten Rad guards (flatland) and moved to a hotter place... When I am riding on tight trails I understand when I overheat and take breaks.. but this is talking about FAST 4th and 5th gear logging road riding but in 38'C weather and I will be overheating when I stopped and funny enough my left case gasket started leaking... I did the Mod where you shorten your valve cover breather line (don't ask me why, just excited with new bike ha ha) anyways the filter got clogged and when I tried to blow through it (yuck) it was pretty tough.. so just wondered how many of these things are connected.. I am planning on buying a new Rad.
sound like rad gaurds over squished rad restricting air flow:excuseme: