Sign in to follow this  

Competitive Edge

Ive been wanting to hit a track but work has always messed my schedule up to go with a friend who always heads to Milestone. I got rotated onto working weekends for a month so this upcoming week im off Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday(if I dont want to work overtime). Ive always planned on going to Competitive Edge and it just dawned on me that I can go this Tuesday for their national tracks open practice. I have no one to go with and its a two hour drive but I dont really care, I just want a fun day of riding at my own leisure. Ive never ridden a track and have a few questions. First of all, im black, ride a nice KX450f (possibly too nice for my skill level), (Bubba had 100% absolutely no influence on my decision to buy one) and get tired of hearing all the Bubba jokes, how are the riders? Friendly? Secondly, anyone here available to go and maybe want to ride for a few hours? Third, how packed does it get? On a Tuesday? Fourth, Is that track pretty rider-friendly? And lastly, is there anything that I didnt ask that I should know? Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Ive been wanting to hit a track but work has always messed my schedule up to go with a friend who always heads to Milestone. I got rotated onto working weekends for a month so this upcoming week im off Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday(if I dont want to work overtime). Ive always planned on going to Competitive Edge and it just dawned on me that I can go this Tuesday for their national tracks open practice. I have no one to go with and its a two hour drive but I dont really care, I just want a fun day of riding at my own leisure. Ive never ridden a track and have a few questions. First of all, im black, ride a nice KX450f (possibly too nice for my skill level), (Bubba had 100% absolutely no influence on my decision to buy one) and get tired of hearing all the Bubba jokes, how are the riders? Friendly? Secondly, anyone here available to go and maybe want to ride for a few hours? Third, how packed does it get? On a Tuesday? Fourth, Is that track pretty rider-friendly? And lastly, is there anything that I didnt ask that I should know? Thanks in advance!

Dude.....first off, I damn sure wouldnt be worrying about "all the Bubba jokes".

Who cares about everyone else. Just go do your thing man. Everybody has

to start somewhere and at whatever skill level they are. It is what it is.

Just go, ride, and have fun.

I dont personally spend any time at just track locations. My twin sons

and myself go to a 500 acre trails area that also has a couple tracks

on it. A couple times there has been some "hot shots" there. I dont

care. If I do feel like getting out on the track, then I go out. Dont

care if they dont like my decal/sticker covered WR250R or not. Im going

to go out and have some fun.

If I were close by I would volunteer to go riding with ya, but Im not,

so I cant. Take any, and all, the self confidence you have and do

your thing. Thats what this sport, in my opinion, has a lot to do with.

Self confidence.

Good luck. Let us know how it went.

Just remember, the pros werent pros the first time they rode out on the track.

Later.👍

The track is rider freindly but very high speed and really wide in most sections.Tuesday is mostly really fast guy day but don't let that stop you from riding there.Not super crowded so you will have fun and just remember to go straight,dont try and get out of the way or anything like that and you will be fine.Some people freak out when you come up on them and get out of way thinking their doing you a favor,those are the only people that I have crashed into.Don't worry what whoever thinks go out and have fun that is what it is all about.The track is a blast and you will like it..

check ur pms..

but cemx (competitive edge) is my favorite track.. and the way their track is.. prep is not a big concern(although they have improved alot).. really wide.. and u have multiple lines to choose. although it is fast.. they re-designed the track a few months back and i really like the flow.. nothing do or die.. everything is rollable.

also they have a hillside track thats open on fridays.. that track to got some work done to it and is also a really fun.. nothing major.. a few tables and alot of up and down sections.. good place to learn off of..

but on tuesdays their are usually about 5-15 guys out their.. some local pros.. Sean Hamblin was out their last week.. as well as a few others.. but they all usually leave by 9 or 10.. so in all reality its pretty much a privite track day for the novices.

i dunno if you ever been their.. but racetown 395 is also a good track.. but thats a diffrent story..

ive never been during the week but on the weekends it can get pretty rough and rutted

only on sundays.. saturday is usually the best day for the weekend.. sunday the track is pretty beat by the end of the day.

• Like 1

Do you need a membership to ride there? When in college my only free days are fridays as I work 12 hours a day on sat and sun. I was going to use friday as my riding day.

I don't know about that track(never been there), but I recetly went to the track for my first time alone because my friend wadded himself up recently. I just nutted up and went, when I got there I just asked where the beginner area was and workedd my way up from there. Eventually I even ventured to the "big boy" track after getting a little advice from some dudes in the pit area, just hold your line and roll any jumps you need to seemed to be the big things. I had a great time and go once a week or so. You'll do fine, have fun...

Do you need a membership to ride there? When in college my only free days are fridays as I work 12 hours a day on sat and sun. I was going to use friday as my riding day.

no membership required.. what college u going to?

most of the high desert.. low desert tracks dont require a membership.. another good track that is deserted pretty much on fridays is racetown.. they also just opened up a arena/supercross style track.. its been a big hit..

no membership required.. what college u going to?

most of the high desert.. low desert tracks dont require a membership.. another good track that is deserted pretty much on fridays is racetown.. they also just opened up a arena/supercross style track.. its been a big hit..

Im going to college at CSULB. I got bored of Elsinore that had a membership. The reson I dont like the membership things is you have to pay that plus entrance fees even if you only wanna go once. Perris also like to compound fees on you. It takes me about 2 hours or so to get out to Stoddard and El Mirage.

yeah.. im like 20 mins from either cemx and racetown.. thats cool. i was lookin into that school but decided to stay close to home and im transfering into cal state san bernardino in the new year.. im always looking for riding buddies so hit me up.. most of my friends are either getting out or injured.

Anyone else want to go!? Ill be leaving early in the morning so if anyone wants to meet there id be glad to do so. Im excited to ride my first real track, hopefully all goes well