Dies at slightest throttle input from idle

This has prob been answered but I couldn't find it. My son's friend's 150r sat for about a month. When we tried to ride it it would start ok but while idling, choke off, it would just die with the slightest throttle input. If I keep it running into the higher rpms it runs good from part throttle up but as soon as it reaches idle the slightest throttle blip will stall it. I cleaned the carb, checked the fuel screw (no adjust helped) checked for air leak at the intake boot and checked for a sticking hot start.

Could valves out of adjustment cause this?

mcguyver are getting any backfiring or popping on decel? then most likely cause is the valves are out of adjustment.

If they are out of adjustment you need a few things to do it your self

CFR150R Shop Service Manual

6" Digital Caliper

Hot Cams 7.48mm Valve Shim Kit

R&D no longer makes the Cam Chain Tensinoner Holder Tool what a drag and the Tool you need for that Automatic Chain Tensinoner cost about $65 from honda I would just take look at Tokyomods Mechanical Cam Chain Tensioner

Also you may want check this out

R&D Racing FLEX-JET (Remote Fuel Screw) no more burning my fingers way to go R&D

I have the R&D Power Spring but wait to get more cash for the R&D Power Bowl which hope lee will be real soon.

If that ok up your pilot jet from stock 40 to a 42 and try 45 if that hasn't all ready been done.

Are get any black somke comimg out of the pipe under no load when throttle up? Drop the main jet down on jet size.

Do you run your carb out after you ride?

I hadn't ridden mine for 1.5 months and forgot to run my carb dry the last time I rode. Rode it last weekend and it was hard to start. Kept stalling.

Checking valve clearance is always good, but if you're in a pinch maybe clean out the carb really quick.

you might have to tune the pilot screw just look in the owners manual for carburetor adjustments and tuning tips and it will show everything u gotta do to fix the idle.. i had the same problem on it until i tuned the pilot screw with the idle!

good luck

This has prob been answered but I couldn't find it. My son's friend's 150r sat for about a month. When we tried to ride it it would start ok but while idling, choke off, it would just die with the slightest throttle input. If I keep it running into the higher rpms it runs good from part throttle up but as soon as it reaches idle the slightest throttle blip will stall it. I cleaned the carb, checked the fuel screw (no adjust helped) checked for air leak at the intake boot and checked for a sticking hot start.

Could valves out of adjustment cause this?

mcguyver - did you solve the problem? If so, what was the resolution?