should I sell my bike?

I'd wait til 2010. If you want an 09 you might as well get an 08. There's pretty much no difference unless the new swingarm is totally awesome and makes it feel like a whole different bike.............but I doubt it's much of a difference

I think it's about time they do some motor work, make it a little stronger:thumbsup:

It depends on what you want. If you want a very highly developed and proven bike with a long reliability record, get the 09. If you want the newest, whizziest and higher tech bike, wait until 2010.

In my case, I would probably swing the best deal I could on an 09 and just ride it. I won't be any faster on the 10 and I know the 09 will run strong for several years. Getting the first model year after major changes can be a gamble on both reliability and performance. Ask anyone who bought an 08 RMZ450.

Mark

It depends on what you want. If you want a very highly developed and proven bike with a long reliability record, get the 09. If you want the newest, whizziest and higher tech bike, wait until 2010.

In my case, I would probably swing the best deal I could on an 09 and just ride it. I won't be any faster on the 10 and I know the 09 will run strong for several years. Getting the first model year after major changes can be a gamble on both reliability and performance. Ask anyone who bought an 08 RMZ450.

Mark

How do we already know that the 2010 bike is all new??

How do we already know that the 2010 bike is all new??

even if they do switch to a 4 valve fuel injected head... It works perfectly fine on the WR250 R and X. Yamaha has been doing fuel injection for a while now, and imho suzuki only released the Z450 as a "gimmick" for people to buy... well a suzuki.

and you don't know for sure that if and when this fuel injection comes out that it will be available on a 250f for its first year.

even if they do switch to a 4 valve fuel injected head... It works perfectly fine on the WR250 R and X. Yamaha has been doing fuel injection for a while now, and imho suzuki only released the Z450 as a "gimmick" for people to buy... well a suzuki.

and you don't know for sure that if and when this fuel injection comes out that it will be available on a 250f for its first year.

I didn't say anything about EFI, just a new generation and clean sheet design. And I didn't say it will be terrible, just that it is a gamble when you buy the first of a line, instead of the final, developed version of the last line.

I think Suzuki wanted to be the first on the block to step up to EFI and hopefully reap the rewards of establishing their presence there first. Overall, it was a heavily revised bike and turned out to have significant quality issues. None of which were really related to the EFI itself. Hence, why it is a gamble when buying something new...

Mark

We don't, but there are heavy rumors and the YZF line is getting pretty long in the tooth and less competitive overall.

Mark

Oh agreed, but basing a decision on what we think will happen a year from now...ahhh

Just buy the new bike and if you feel like waiting, then do so.

I didn't say anything about EFI, just a new generation and clean sheet design. And I didn't say it will be terrible, just that it is a gamble when you buy the first of a line, instead of the final, developed version of the last line.

I think Suzuki wanted to be the first on the block to step up to EFI and hopefully reap the rewards of establishing their presence there first. Overall, it was a heavily revised bike and turned out to have significant quality issues. None of which were really related to the EFI itself. Hence, why it is a gamble when buying something new...

Mark

you get more HP out of the Z450 if you convert it to a FCR...

I never said anything about anything being terrible. all the bikes out are exceptional, just some are better than others.

EFI is what alot of people are waiting for, thats why I brought it up

thanks guys. all good points. If I can wait a year for the 2010 to come out then leftover 09's should be dirt cheap. If they change it up a lot Ill probably get that one. Unless they introduce EFI. Im not going to buy a first year EFI bike. (08 rmz 450)for example.

We don't, but there are heavy rumors and the YZF line is getting pretty long in the tooth and less competitive overall.

Mark

It kind of pisses me off how yamaha just keeps "refining" the four strokes. The other brands seem to be getting more advanced technology wise. Even though it doesnt mean much, I get sick of reading in the shootouts of the testers bitching about how the bike pushes in corners and has a "tame" motor.