Sign in to follow this  

faction mx valves

so if i get the intake kit just put that in and just shim the exhaust valves or buy exhaust valves and use the stock springs etc......

ok i have a real question about his thread . . . . is it better to go with SS intake valves or stick with OEM Ti valves?

ok i have a real question about his thread . . . . is it better to go with SS intake valves or stick with OEM Ti valves?

the ss valves are better than titanium because you can go longer before you have to shim them

the ss valves are better they stay in spec longer than stock titanium

the ss valves are better than stock titanium they stay in spec longer than stock

The stainless steel valves are good for a majority of the riders play riding If the bike is being used for serious racing and is being used in its upper third of its power most of the time then the oem titanium valves should be used and replaced when needed .The difference in the riders style has a lot to do with how these bikes last and also the rev limit honda has moved the limiter up every year and then vortex moves it another 500 rpm they do not make any more power near 14000 rpm but it does help a pro rider not hiiting the limiter on the face of a jump or through the whoops .the increase of a few hundred rpm is devastaing to the valve train an engine that is limited to 13200 rpm can have valves and valve train components last a season with no problems .an engine with a vortex ignition and a pro rider needs components replaced or checked as little as 1 race week end and @ the most should not go past 2 week ends of pro racing if there serious and risking a major failure out door racing is definatley harder on the engine than arena cross or super cross sorry about the long explanation.

Ya these aint Harley engines no need for heavy stainless valves stick with Xceldyne Technologies ti valves and there springs and you'll be a ok.

Ya these aint Harley engines no need for heavy stainless valves stick with Xceldyne Technologies ti valves and there springs and you'll be a ok.

I use Xceldyne components there springs are PSI made here in michigan and are very good there valves are also good but they are coated with chromium nitride which is probally the best stem coating but not the best coating for the stock seats they actually prefer you to use there valves on the copper berryrilium seats to make them last .the oem ti valves are reasonable in price and work better with a good spring set like cv products.

so it would be better for performance to get new oem valves and just replace the springs with heacy duty ones

thanks guys. you have opened my eyes on this subject. when the valves tighten up ill probably go with oem valves and a better spring set

what the oppinion on kibble whites????????i hear a lot about them...some good some not so good