Sign in to follow this  

U4 race gas

I recently had bought a klx 450. It is destry abbotts old race bike. I was wondering if anyone has used u4 in their bike and if they had noticed any power changes of temperature gauges. I was also wonderin if it would give the bike a better chance to blow up?? It has a kx head and pc valves and stuff. Not sure about the piston but pretty sure its not hi comp. Anything will help. THANKS!!!

Last I remember he was running 100 octane Trick Racing Fuel in his bikes 👍

We mix the VP 50-50 with supreme pump gas. We have a 05 CR 450R and a 08 YZ 450F and nothing seems to be blowing up. We don't run it strait though, I think it will keep the valves cleaner than strait pump gas but that's just a thought. I will know more when we tear em down some day.

It won't hurt the bike. You can run straight race gas and it won't hurt it. Though on a stock engine you won't be gaining anything. I mix 50/50 with U4 and Shell 91. The benefits are a cleaner burn, no matter what race fuel you use. The higher the octane helps prevent pre ignition(detonation). It will also ensure longer valve train life by a more complete burn, the less carbon build up will occur on the valves and ports. You might notice a difference in power, maybe not an increase, but it could be better throttle response, crisper cleaner revving. That has to do with the fact of the more complete burn. Running something like straight U4 will give a stock engine around .5 to 1 HP. A race tuned engine could gain from 1-1.5. Roughly though.

Actually you'd be wasting money because no pump gas is going to run as clean and efficient as a race fuel. You'll be carboning up the combustion chamber and in turn valves, doing a valve job sooner, going through more spark plugs and have worse running engine in a year or so. Pump gas is crap, half of it is that garbage ethanol, cheap octane that ruins your motor. No thank you. I didn't spend $9000 for a race ready bike to ruin it.

Most race fuels mix better with a mid grade fuel than supreme.

Actually you'd be wasting money because no pump gas is going to run as clean and efficient as a race fuel. You'll be carboning up the combustion chamber and in turn valves, doing a valve job sooner, going through more spark plugs and have worse running engine in a year or so. Pump gas is crap, half of it is that garbage ethanol, cheap octane that ruins your motor. No thank you. I didn't spend $9000 for a race ready bike to ruin it.

WRONG,

I guess Proof is better than speculation and rumors, I have 5265 miles currently on my KLX, the valves never needed shimmed yet, still in spec. Spark Plug still sparks,the combustion chamber still combusts. I guess since I only paid $6000.00 for my race ready bike , I can get away with it!

But really to each his own,

I once thought as you, than had a long talk with petrol chemical engineers with VP racing fuels, See I used too and still campaign alot of different race engines like, a 1500HP twin turbo unlimited Jet boat, a Baja Pro truck , a 240 mph dragster, and 2000HP offshore race boat, I guess that makes me qualified!

Whats your experience?

DSC00460.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

Hey-pickmeacoconut.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

JETJUMP.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg