Sign in to follow this  

New mods, please look

OK guys, I have purchased a set of stage 1 Hot cams, Full Yosh RS2 and a Athena big bore kit for my 2005 DRZ.

Now the cams and the big bore were used. I have on order the Gaskets for the big bore kit, but I am wondering if i will need anything else before it arrives. I am guessing i may need a shim kit for the cam install?

I will be giving it to a local engine builder that I race Sport bikes with to put it together and dyno tune for me but I would like to make sure to have the shortest turn around time possible.

Any advise would be great.

Thanks everyone

Justin

shim kits are always nice. odds are if you have less than 5,000 miles ur still in spec but it's mainitory to check. Mine were fine at my 8,000 mile rebuild. You should not reuse piston rings and curclip you should have a new set of them, make sure you didn't order stock gaskets, I would use a MCCT and I would bite the price and buy an FCRMX carb to get another 30% out of ur mods, and of course if not already done do the 3x3 mod and pull the plug on the pipe and make sure your jetting is alright.

Thanks for the input, I already have the 3x3, Carb, Jet kit. I will go order new rings for the big bore just in case. If the new piston and rings only has 500 miles on it is is necessary to replace the rings?

better safe that sorry I guess

as far as I read, anytime the piston is pulled out of the bore completly you need new rings. I chanced a few things on my project and it all went wrong so my advice is take your time and do it right

Buy a gasketset for Athena (Comes with 2 different cylindergaskets) and a set of pistonrings for theit piston (Think it's a German made piston)