Sign in to follow this  

Down sizing?

Would I be better off on a 125 smoker or a 250 smoker if I wanted to start racing motocross? Should I stick to with my CR250? Powerwise the 250 is great, leaves me wanting more sometimes, but I'm thinking that a 125 would be lighter and easier for me to race with and be faster on. Help me decide:worthy: ! I have never raced but plan too very soon, but I have rode track a few times.

the 125 for sure,

it lighter and way nimble if your going to race mx get a 125,

if you are going to race desert or wide open tracks stay with the 250,

125's are way fun to ride and race,

look at the yz125's very fast nice bikes.

I'm leaning towards the 125, but I also will be using the bike for desert rides and trail riding. If this helps I weigh 175 and am 6' 2" tall...

If you're saying the 250 leaves you wanting more sometimes, theres no way in hell you'll love the 125. much less power.

I'm leaning towards the 125, but I also will be using the bike for desert rides and trail riding. If this helps I weigh 175 and am 6' 2" tall...

at 175 and 6'2 stay with the 250,

maybe get a big bore kit and do some nice things to it,

your tall the 250 will fir you better, and pull around that 175 of yours a lot better, im 6ft and 150 and the 125 does great for me,

and on some tracks 125's are faster then 250's but for trail riding and desert etc yeah stick with the 250.