Sign in to follow this  

09 Kx450 Video

Man to bad there was music on the freecaster video. Would have been nice to hear the motor.

That's exactly what I thought...👍

Straight from the article at mxlarge, looks like kawasaki offers an optional efi tuning kit with the bike?

"Mr Maruyama (engine engineer) and Mr Yamamoto (fuel injection engineer) are the men responsible for spearheading the development of the 2009 KX450F in their respective areas and were invaluable to the testing process as they helped Sébastien and the GPKR technicians learn every detail about the bike and especially the fuel injection system – it’s Electronic Control Unit and especially the KX FI Calibration Kit.

The optional KX FI Calibration Kit consists of an ECU controller, all leads and software and is by no means essential to the average user. However it does allow riders to rewrite data maps to adjust engine characteristics to suit their individual needs if they deem it necessary.

The KX FI Calibration Kit can also be used as a data logger that records up to six hours of running data – engine rpm, throttle position, engine temperature etc. The Kit can as well save the interesting information so that it can be used for performance tuning purposes.

This data can also be used to help determine servicing needs and schedules. "

Interesting.

I would probably cry if I could get on paper how often the throttle was turned all the way. Not nearly enough probably!

But it would be cool to get data... Not that I have ever needed it before, but now it can be done!

I would probably cry if I could get on paper how often the throttle was turned all the way. Not nearly enough probably!

But it would be cool to get data... Not that I have ever needed it before, but now it can be done!

A stock 450 already has more power at the track than I ever use anyway! The EFI would be nice off the bottom though plus the new bikes just look totally sick. I got to see a 09 KX250F last Wednesday and it had that "Works" look right out of the box.👍

It would be interesting to see your own stats compared to a buddy of the same speeds around the same track to see who brakes an accelerates harder and where, and who carries speed into corner better etc.......

I love my 08 so Im sure the 09 will be another cracker

It would be interesting to see your own stats compared to a buddy of the same speeds around the same track to see who brakes an accelerates harder and where, and who carries speed into corner better etc...

Exactly. It'll be good for pros and fun for some amateurs to get a data log. A good thing for everyone will be getting a log of real engine load for accurate servicing.

And about the music on the video - music on most bike videos anoys me. Especially when it is real loud, then the talking between music is real quiet.