Sign in to follow this  

High Energy MX diet???

Does anyone have a diet that would give me the energy and health I need these days? Lately I've been feeling exhausted all the time I was supposed to go to practice yesterday, but ended up just sleeping on the couch.

I practice 2 days a week and race Sunday. My practice is about 4hrs long with breaks and on race day i do 4 moto's. I've been doing this everyweek since May. My job is also physically demanding, I work construction.

Thanks in advance

I like to consume a lot of carbs before going out on a ride. Foods such as spaghetti or macaroni are good. Anything with a lot of bread and pasta. Carbs break down more slowly than simple sugars such as glucose which are found in sweet foods, and provide energy over a longer period of time. It would also be a good idea to drink plenty, not just water, but maybe gatorade or another hydrating drink which provides electrolytes.

Spagetti and pastas are simple carbs. They are converted quickly into sugars.

You need complex carbs like whole grains: whole wheat bread, oatmeal. You need unprocessed proteins like eggs, meats, nuts, chicken, fish. You need whole unprocessed fruits and vegs, like apples, bananas, carrots, etc (NOT JUICE).

Do you know what unprocessed foods are? They are the stuff that actually requires you to COOK. They do NOT come in a meal deal, fast food place, Hungry Man Dinner, or prepackaged processed lunch meats .

Cut excess sugar out of your life. Soda/Cola, Energy Drinks are crap on your body. Drink water, or water mixed with Gatorade.

It also sounds like you could use a good multi vitamin.

When my husband was doing construction, he'd have a breakfast burrito (compliments of ME) in the morning before he left and a snack and 9/10am; lunch at 12/1pm; another snack at 2/3pm; and dinner at 6pm. He ate a TON of food when he worked construction and never gained an ounce. You could simply not be eating enough food for your energy needs.

Oh and uh, sorry, I just saw you are 36? Is that right? Weeeelllll, our bodies start to, er, act their age at some point and most people start to slow down after 35 or so. Just a thought. You may simply BE exhausted and NEED a day off once a week.

You could also take the time to go visit a Nutritionist and go get a physical.

Im 42 and here is my diet. 4 am I have a protein shake and a bannana. At 6am I have a cup of coffee and a bowl of oatmeal. At 9 I have another protein shake. At 11:30 I have lunch usually a salad and some chiken breast or tuna with a light dressing and some fruit. at 2pm I have another shake. I ride my bike (7miles) to the gym at 6pm (after I take supplements on an empty stomach) work out usually full body 45 minutes then ride home. Immediately after my workout I have another protein shake and eat somethimhg light before bed (usually protein fish chicken etc.) On non workout days I eat around the same but I will eat a normal dinner with the family (again consisting of lean protein usually) I also drink at least 2 gallons of water a day. The night before I go to the track I will drink a ton of water and usually some diluted gatorade. I also take 80mg of asprin a day.

Im 42 and here is my diet. 4 am I have a protein shake and a bannana. At 6am I have a cup of coffee and a bowl of oatmeal. At 9 I have another protein shake. At 11:30 I have lunch usually a salad and some chiken breast or tuna with a light dressing and some fruit. at 2pm I have another shake. I ride my bike (7miles) to the gym at 6pm (after I take supplements on an empty stomach) work out usually full body 45 minutes then ride home. Immediately after my workout I have another protein shake and eat somethimhg light before bed (usually protein fish chicken etc.) On non workout days I eat around the same but I will eat a normal dinner with the family (again consisting of lean protein usually) I also drink at least 2 gallons of water a day. The night before I go to the track I will drink a ton of water and usually some diluted gatorade. I also take 80mg of asprin a day.

Low-dose aspirin is a good idea. Excessive protein intake is not so good... You pee out the excess but it's hard on the kidneys. Also linked strongly to excessive calcium loss, though that may be partially offset by the workout routine.