Sign in to follow this  

Missed it by "that much"

I’m no racer, just an oldish dude that loves off-road bikes. Included in that is a trip to our private MX track on my CR250R. Sunday I tried the 65’ double. The landing jump is a small table top so 50’ should be a safe to reach the table top, but a little hard landing. Well, apparently I went 45’.

Cased it and then took a trip over the bars, then to the hospital. I don’t remember much between the approach to the jump and the ride to the hospital. The end result:

Concussion

Broken left ankle (tib) – in a cast

Broken fib on right leg just below the knee (ace wrap)

2 dime sized, quarter inch deep punctures on back of left hand – no nerve or ligament damage.

Very swollen left knee (MRI today on both knees, results Tuesday) – Had ACL recon on the L knee 12/07.

Lots of impact bruises on by back (I think I flipped over the bars, landed on my back, then bike hit me as it tumbled past me. No one seen it happen.

This was my first attempt at this jump. It has a 90 turn just before it. For 2 days I followed guys and got the speed I needed through the turn. The trick was I needed to clutch out of the turn in 3rd & pin it all the way up. I remember I bogged the bike a little coming out of the turn and I thought to myself I still got the speed. Apparently not stupid.

Really thankful for my Tech 7’s keeping my ankle together, my helmet and all the body protection I wear.

Just hoping the knee is not too torn up. Going through that surgery and rehab again would really suck!

Good luck! I hate coming up short on a jump, always is a problem.

yes...I agree.

Hope you heal fast

Good news on the knee. Fractured Tib at the knee, no torn parts = no surgeries:applause:

this is why i pass on any doubles that aren't easy......if i haven't done them many many times in the past......i dont bother....