07 400xcw - Things to do immediately?

Hello,

Going to be pulling the trigger on an 07 400xcw. Plan on gearing and jetting the bike right away.

What gearing would be recommended for trail riding. Most of my riding is off road but will be driving on the road getting to the trails. Also, does the exhaust mod need to be done on the xcw or just the exc because the xcw doesnt come street legal?

Honda diaphram should also be done along with the o-ring mod? Thanks again.

Anyone know stock jetting on these bikes?

07 400, what a bike, absolutly loved the one I had, should have kept it for 2 years instead of 1.

Dont remember what stock jetting is.

Here is what I ran as far as jetting. JD red needle 5th clip position, JD recomended pilot/main 2 turns out on fuel srrew. Honda diaphram with Boysen Quick shot. It ran great with this setup for me.

Here is what I got from JD jetting

http://www.jdjetting.com/xcart/product.php?productid=8&cat=7&page=1

I always ran the stock gearing, it worked pretty good for where we are.

I also ran a Rekluse in it, its just what Im used too.

07 400, what a bike, absolutly loved the one I had, should have kept it for 2 years instead of 1.

Dont remember what stock jetting is.

Here is what I ran as far as jetting. JD red needle 5th clip position, JD recomended pilot/main 2 turns out on fuel srrew. Honda diaphram with Boysen Quick shot. It ran great with this setup for me.

Here is what I got from JD jetting

http://www.jdjetting.com/xcart/product.php?productid=8&cat=7&page=1

I always ran the stock gearing, it worked pretty good for where we are.

I also ran a Rekluse in it, its just what Im used too.

Thanks for the help. I've been hearing really good things abou these bikes, especially with the 453 kit. The diaphram is sold separately, correct?

The exhaust doesn't have to be modified because it's an xcw not the exc? Thanks again....

Yes the diaphram is seperate, you can get it from JD also, so you will get the right stuff. I always ran the stock muffler, no mods done to it.

Have fun.

I also have a 07 400 XC-w. The very very best thing I can tell you to do is ride the dang thing. Don't worry about mods that add 3 hp. They won't make you any faster. If your a skilled enough rider to push the suspension past it's limits than that should be your first mod. Past that ride ride ride and maintain it so you can keep riding it for a long time. No I'm not an old fart I've just learned that it's only skills that make you faster... no offense to old farts...

I also have a 07 400 XC-w. The very very best thing I can tell you to do is ride the dang thing. Don't worry about mods that add 3 hp. They won't make you any faster. If your a skilled enough rider to push the suspension past it's limits than that should be your first mod. Past that ride ride ride and maintain it so you can keep riding it for a long time. No I'm not an old fart I've just learned that it's only skills that make you faster... no offense to old farts...

LOL, I am an old fart.

NO offence taken.(I love the look on the younger guys faces when they can't lose me or I pass them)

You will love the quick REV of the 400 short stroke !! I know I do ! ?

DO the diaphram mod, AP squirt and go for some 14-52 gearing for the bush. Simply AMAZING !