ive got a complete

Rebuild coming up. I blew a gear In my tranny and have to replace the cases and all bearings. Gaskets a few gears and. Piston. One hell of a project. Any tips would be great

i got a question but i will give tips too!!how can u tell u blew a gear in your tranny?

BUy oem parts from www.cyclepartswarehouse.com dirt cheap man it is incredible how low these parts are..if you do valves make sure u get seats cut no QUESTION big debate on these get em cut dont ask any questions...on your piston rings make sure the letters and or numbers are facin up.....make sure wrist pin is all the way in an the circlips are tight double check that are...i would also deffinately put a new timing chain 15.00 from that site its cheap insurance... lube all new parts when puting together ....if i think of anything else i will add but good luck on the rebuild:thumbsup:

oh sweet thanks.

well i took it apart and my first gear on my main shaft had exploded, lodged itself in between other thiings and went completely through my cases. so thats a first gear to replace and cases for damn sure haha.

that sounds like it was nasty...make sure you check around ebay you oughta be able save a lil money if you search for parts...

I recently have the same problem on my 450F (3rd gear teeth broke, 4th gear exploded, damaging the cases, pinions, forks, etc).

Be sure to replace all your bearings while you have it open. You risk damaging them from the removal and reinstallation process. Don't forget the little bearing in the clutch arm where it enters the case.

Get new screws for the bearing keepers. They are peened into place with a punch and you will damage the heads removing them.

Replace the bent over lock washers (?) on the balancer, clutch hub and countershaft. The one on the balancer and clutch are thick and breaks easily.

Keep your eye on that little ball from the clutch shaft! That sucker jumps out quick and hides well.

Heat your case halves in the oven to press the bearings in.

I didn't need a crank puller (heat worked).

Use torque wrenches.

Be organized, careful and patient.