Sign in to follow this  

Hare Scramble With Polar Heart Monitor

Non Riders sometimes have a hard time understanding how much effort is involved with riding dirt bikes. I rode a hare scramble this past Sunday in south eastern Ohio. The trail was probably the toughest I have ever ridden. Very slow and technical. Only went 23 miles in 2 hours 16 min.

So at the end of the race here is what the heart rate monitor said:

Average heart rate 169

Max heart rate 193

calories burned 2414

Real stats to illustrate how hard it is.

P.S. I am 41 and techniaclly have a max heart rate of 179.

Non Riders sometimes have a hard time understanding how much effort is involved with riding dirt bikes. I rode a hare scramble this past Sunday in south eastern Ohio. The trail was probably the toughest I have ever ridden. Very slow and technical. Only went 23 miles in 2 hours 16 min.

So at the end of the race here is what the heart rate monitor said:

Average heart rate 169

Max heart rate 193

calories burned 2414

Real stats to illustrate how hard it is.

P.S. I am 41 and techniaclly have a max heart rate of 179.

My experience was similar. A while back I'd been running 10 to 25 miles each week and was well conditioned. I strapped on the Polar for a day at the track. When I got home and downloaded the charts I was astonished to see my heart rate peg out at 100% for almost the entire time I was on the track. Of course I was pushing it as hard as I could, but no doubt it does take a great deal of effort and it burns loads of calories.

Mine should be 165 max at my age. Hare scrambles usually push it to 190. Unfortunately I can't last as long as I used to really pushing it. 👍

love to see more data from other tt'ers

I guess not many guys use a heart monitor

I've been wanting to get one. I see there are a lot of different models. What model do you use?

I have done just one HS and can testify to the torture. Sounds like your track was tougher. I did 16 miles in 2 hours and flopped to the ground exhausted. I will stick to the easier MX track....