Sign in to follow this  

The difference between Dr200SE and DRZ 250

SO aside from the obvious difference in displacement, what are the differences between the DRZ250 and the DR200SE. It seems to me that the DRZ is more street biased and the DR200SE is more of a trail bike with lights

Am I close or not?

The DR200 is a dual sport which is a licensed trail bike. The DRZ-250 is a pure trail bike with much better suspension and some nice features like an oil cooler and back-up kick starter. You can get a dual sport kit for the 250 from Baja Designs. The 200 may be better on the street as the 250 has a close ratio transmission which limits top speed in 6th gear. There would be no comparision off road. That's what the 250 was designed to do.

Right, at second glance I saw that the 250 has no license plate bracket or brake light.

I see there is a kick start port on the 200, does it have the same bottom end as the 250? Would it be possible to mount a kick start on the dr200se?

I am not aware of a kit being available for the 200. You could check a Suzuki site and see if it is. The engines are quite different.

the engines are very different...the dr200's motor is basically a drz125 motor with a bigger jug on it, and an electric start...

the dr200 and the drz250 are two very different bikes, as already said, the dr200 is a dualsport bike, with soft suspension, lights, speedo, and street biases tires...the DRZ250 is a strictly offroad machine...better suspension, only a headlight, no signals, no instrument panel...it is possible to dual sport it, but the dr200 is already there...