Sign in to follow this  

Quickest way to sell my XR250

I am selling my 2002 XR250R, and I want to sell it as soon as possible. You guys can find it here on the thumpertalk classifieds, and I also have it posted on Craigslist, and dirtrider.net. I really need to sell it so I was wondering what you guys think is the fastest way to get rid of it. It has been really well maintained and is in excellent condition. I always grease the swingarm, keep up with oil changes, and clean/regrease the air filter. I want to sell it but I don't want to just give it away. The bike really is in excellent condition. My step dad bought it as a left over in 03 and stored it till the summer of 07, and that's when I started riding it. So where do you guys think I should put an ad up other than the places I already have. All I get from craigslist is a bunch of scammers emailing me. I really don't want to put it on ebay because they charge so many fees. Thanks.

Oh and BTW, I listed it for $2300 obo. Do you think that's too high?

I don't really know if that's too much, especially for such a low hours bike. I mean, as dirtbikes go it doesn't matter how low the hours are or even what kind of aftermarket parts it has.. they go for about the same price. Since they are so easy to fix most people won't care if it's in perfect condition, as long as nothing is severely wrong with it. Just my opinion while i'm looking for a bike to buy. 👍

Drop the price or keep waiting. I see no alternatives other than ads in newspapers, radio, etc. Looks like you stand to make a decent profit even if you lower the price. 👍

Nice looking bike, btw.

Sell it for 1500 and it will go away quick!!!!!!! 👍 I just sold a bike real cheap it went away the first day! :worthy:

That is a good price and looks clean, I sold a 1998 XR250 for $1800 and pick up a clean 2002 XR400 for $2500 I would not get in a hurry and mess up by giving it away, I woul keep it if I was you, on rainy or days you just want to trail ride you will miss your XR dearly. I ride in a mostly damp area with tree roots and greasy hill climbs, and believe it or not my XR is like a dozer, mx bikes are great for their own element,I guess it depends on how you want to ride.Hope this helps.

Do you guys think this sounds like a good deal? I found a guy with a 1999 YZ250 for 1800, and he also said he would trade for an XR or KDX. I told him about my XR, so we exchanged pictures, and his final offer was his bike + $200 + a hydraulic bike stand. I thought it sounded reasonable so I agreed to come have a look at it. I haven't made a final decision, but do you guys think that sounds like a good deal? The bike was super clean in the pictures he sent me.

$2300 sounds ballpark to me. Be patient, there are a zillion nice bikes for you to buy out there.

I don't know bout the trade but if it were me I'd pull all those non-stock stickers (at least you don't have race numbers on the bike). In my mind stickers (and your screen name) say "My owner is a moto-xing kid who thrashed me to within an inch of my life!". Not true in your case but .... first impressions and all. Just sayin'

If you lived a bit closer I may be able to find you a buyer. But the drive to Ohio prolly isn't worth it.

Sounds like the guy with the yz is getting the better end of that deal! I'd hold out for more, check kbb.com for the values. The 4 stroke should hold it resale better than the 2 stroke and its the newer of the 2 bikes. From what I found when I was looking to buy a XR recently I say your price is fair.

-Steve

Well I traded the guy with the YZ250 today. It was in really nice condition, and I am happy with the trade. You guys have me a lot of help over the last 2 years. Oh... and BTW I thought it was funny that someone gave me bad gas and said I was trying to spam everyone on TT. Not sure how he got that out of this thread, but he wasn't man enough to leave a name.