Sign in to follow this  

DouH! Lost the spacer

Just an update from a previous post about a grinding noise. I thought it was the rear wheel bearings but I was wrong. I took it in to the shop and they discovered I didn't have the spacer that goes between the sprocket and the swingarm installed. OOPS!!!! I did a lot of maintenance a few months back and I must have left it out. Anyway...now the wheel is able to travel back and forth slightly and bind the chain. Just a reminder to check for missing pieces after doing maintenance. 👍

Just an update from a previous post about a grinding noise. I thought it was the rear wheel bearings but I was wrong. I took it in to the shop and they discovered I didn't have the spacer that goes between the sprocket and the swingarm installed. OOPS!!!! I did a lot of maintenance a few months back and I must have left it out. Anyway...now the wheel is able to travel back and forth slightly and bind the chain. Just a reminder to check for missing pieces after doing maintenance. :busted:

I give you lots of points for admitting to a blunder like that.👍 What happened to you sounds like something I would do. :worthy:

Hope all is well.