Sign in to follow this  

87 kx 80....PLEASE HELP

ok so irebuilt my boys kx 80 its got 99 cc big bore kit and this thing SUCKS !!!!

W ! T ! F ! I GOT IT RUNNING TODAY AND ABSOLUTELY NO POWER !!!!!!

what the hell did i do wrong ?????? compression is enough to rip theyre leg off!! PLEASE HELP

Not knowing exactly what you did and assuming everything went together ok, I would have to guess jetting would have to be an issue. Double check that there are no air leaks on the intake side of carb also. Hope this helps!

Is it kicking back when you try to start it? I would pull the spark plug and kick it over (while pushing the kill switch) to eliminate mechanical binding.

I know the kicker comes back, I mean does it fire and kick back through the lever? By getting harder to kick do you mean harder to start or does it physically take more force to turn the engine over? Compression cannot increase all by itself and I'm simply trying to figure out if it is mechanical binding or electrical (timing).

Are you sure that the crank/crank bearings/crank seals were good? If it's an '87-- that could be the original bottom end. I had one of those back in the day, and it was a good setup-- alot more bottom end. The bearings or crank could easily be the issue if it's getting progressively worse. ---L*64

we went 2 sizes bigger main and 1 size bigger pilot on a 85 to 100 kit,

when you put the stator on is it in the right position,

you have 1 of 2 things wrong, timing or jetting

I would definitely be checking the timing. Either your stator moved, or less likely, your CD box went bad. Sounds very similar to what happened when mine went out on my 400KDX.