Sign in to follow this  

Bike Barn in Morrison, IL. How is it?

We just recently moved to the Illinois area and have had a blast riding at Walnut and MC MX Park but recently my Boy has been talking about a place that some of his friends ride at called the Bike Barn. Does anyone know how this place is and what to look out for if anything? I'm also curious to know how much it cost to ride if anyone knows.

I drove out there and noone was there. It looks like they have a lighted MX track. Its right off HWY 88 at exit 26 (hwy 78).

Half way between the Quad Cities and Rock Falls.

ok ik where thats at

I have been to the Bike Barn many times. There is a short MX track that is fun but pretty easy. There is also a short trail loop (maybe 2-3 miles) that has a variety of soil. Part of it is loamy dirt like peat moss that has formed into some fun natural whoops.

Bottom line is the place is fun but kinda small. A big advantage is that it is open virtually always! He charges an annual fee, something like $50 or so, and you can ride there whenever you want. Often there is nobody there - so don't ride alone :worthy:👍

Oh - and check his website - sometimes he has races there.

http://www.unitedoffroadracing.com/

I have been to the Bike Barn many times. There is a short MX track that is fun but pretty easy. There is also a short trail loop (maybe 2-3 miles) that has a variety of soil. Part of it is loamy dirt like peat moss that has formed into some fun natural whoops.

Bottom line is the place is fun but kinda small. A big advantage is that it is open virtually always! He charges an annual fee, something like $50 or so, and you can ride there whenever you want. Often there is nobody there - so don't ride alone :worthy:👍

Oh - and check his website - sometimes he has races there.

http://www.unitedoffroadracing.com/

Thanks, thats the info I was looking for!