Sign in to follow this  

XR650R Rad Eagle hub...can be made to fit CRF450R forks?

I put 2004 CRF450R forks on my XR650R. Can I fit my XRR wheel with Rad hub on the CRF forks? I would imagine with different bearings and spacers it could be done but I dont know where to find this info. A guy at Rad was on his period or something and didnt want to talk about it when I called and just said it wouldnt work, but couldnt tell me why.

I put 2004 CRF450R forks on my XR650R. Can I fit my XRR wheel with Rad hub on the CRF forks? I would imagine with different bearings and spacers it could be done but I dont know where to find this info. A guy at Rad was on his period or something and didnt want to talk about it when I called and just said it wouldnt work, but couldnt tell me why.

Spend 10 bucks on a cheap caliper and a tape measure and you tell us why it wont work...👍

Anything can be made to fit anything with the right tools, knowledge and money!!!!! You'll just have to ask yourself, Is it worth it?????

A guy On his period???? That doesn't sound very "rad"...................👍

I do have a caliper and tape measure. I have three calipers. One is a plastic one I got at Harbor Freight, it was like $3 but it works good for doing comparisons rather than taking exact measurements. Then I have two calipers I got from Midway USA. They are both Frankfort Arsenal, one is digital and one is analog. I like the analog one the best, it seems to read more consistently. I thought the digital one was a good idea after I already had the analog one, but it isnt that great. I got it on sale for $16 though so it isnt a big deal. I dont remember where I got the tape measure or how much I paid for it.

It will fit on the axle and between the forks with the bearings out.

Here is why it doesnt work for me, I dont know where to get bearings for it that fit over the axle and fit in that hub. The XRR axle is smaller diameter. I was hoping someone who knew about aftermarket hubs would have some input. Maybe I was dreaming a dealer could tell me.

Anything can be made to fit anything with the right tools, knowledge and money!!!!! You'll just have to ask yourself, Is it worth it?????

What? Im not sure what you mean. Im just asking if there are bearings available to fit an XRR hub on CRF forks.

What? Im not sure what you mean. Im just asking if there are bearings available to fit an XRR hub on CRF forks.

If you can't figure out what my post means, good luck with your hub. Will the spacers fit as well? Find out the OD of your axle This should be about the ID of the bearings you need. Measure the od of ID of your hub bearing race. This should be about the OD of the bearing you need(knowledge). Then see if the spacers fit. If not you'll have to get them made(money and tools).I don't know what bearing wholesalers you have in the US but I would contact SKF. They make good quality japanese bearings. I doubt any OEM bearings would fit. Any fitter and turner/engineer worth his piss should be able to knock up some spacers!!!!!

Hopefully this explains my post!!!!!!

All you need to do is find out what your spec needs to be and call a bearing house.

Digity hit the mark with the spacers.

My talon for the rear of my 88 CR500 has a spacer that runs on the INSIDE of the bearings where the axle pushes through. If I push that spacer out, the diameter is the same as any current bikes axle diameter (CR, CRf).

You may just want to look at the over all width, the placement of the rotor on the hub. At that point, you may be able to have a spacer machined that centers the wheel, takes up the difference of the axles diameter and youre done...

All you need to do is find out what your spec needs to be and call a bearing house.

Digity hit the mark with the spacers.

My talon for the rear of my 88 CR500 has a spacer that runs on the INSIDE of the bearings where the axle pushes through. If I push that spacer out, the diameter is the same as any current bikes axle diameter (CR, CRf).

You may just want to look at the over all width, the placement of the rotor on the hub. At that point, you may be able to have a spacer machined that centers the wheel, takes up the difference of the axles diameter and youre done...

Thanks for the props MC. I was hoping that post made sense!!! It did when I typed it!!! Good luck man. I forgot about the bearing width:doh: If you need any help My step-dads an engineer and I've got a bit of interest in this custom stuff.If you get the spacers made correctly and run the right size rotor you shouldn't need a custom brake mount either. I made up spacers on a lathe and got bearings to fit CBR250 3 spoke mags to a wr400. More than happy to at least try to help. Hit us up!!! (Even though I'm on the other side of the earth!!!) I can't give you gas for the props MC, Apparently I've already given you enough for helping with my front brake!!!!!👍 Thanks by the way!!!!