Sign in to follow this  

major dissapointment withstrokercrank

I just put a hot rods stroker crank along with their stage 1 hot cams and a JE13.5 comp piston and am running the best 110 octane racing fuel you can buy and also i have the full fmf4.1 exhaust and i still lost to a completly stock bike exactly like mine a 2006crf250r

you have some down falls to your mods, being the stage 1 hotcam is not that great, 110 octane in all actuality probably makes less power than regular pump gas, and unless u have good ring seal your 13.5 probably isn't doing any more than a regular piston

that combination would have too much compression , it would run better with a bigger cam :worthy: , it should have a nice hard pull off the bottom though , probably fun on a tight track 👍

I believe the recommended piston for their stroker crank is the stock ( compression )crf piston. Also, those hot rod stroker cranks are seriously out of "balance". I have used some of them, but have always sent them off to be computer balanced..... bikes seem to run great after that.

I just put a hot rods stroker crank along with their stage 1 hot cams and a JE13.5 comp piston and am running the best 110 octane racing fuel you can buy and also i have the full fmf4.1 exhaust and i still lost to a completly stock bike exactly like mine a 2006crf250r

did you rejet after the change?

Get that HC stage 1 out of there. Contact RHC and use his cam.

Just put the '08 OEM cam in there and the bike will rip....

The '08 is much better than the HC.

Why does everyone on here just throw aftermarket parts at their bikes hoping for huge improvement? TRY THIS!!!! send your head to a reputable engine builder and he can get more power with just port work than you can with throwing all these junk parts that work against eachother into your bike. Save money and gain reliability by letting the pro's do it for you. You will be much more satisfied with the outcome.

Why does everyone on here just throw aftermarket parts at their bikes hoping for huge improvement? TRY THIS!!!! send your head to a reputable engine builder and he can get more power with just port work than you can with throwing all these junk parts that work against eachother into your bike. Save money and gain reliability by letting the pro's do it for you. You will be much more satisfied with the outcome.
👍:worthy: +1

The balance problem on the CRF250 was rectified a long time ago (very small number got out). All Hot Rods stroker cranks are balanced to within a couple percent balance factor of the OE.